• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SPOILERS: Star Wars: The Last Jedi Discussion Thread SPOILERS

Like I mentioned earlier, there is definitely literary precedent for Luke having lady-friends, but the prequels made a big deal about Jedi-celibacy.

Yeahhh but this isn't the same ol' Jedi order as the prequels. The boss (Luke) gets to make the calls.

I'm about 90% convinced Rey is Luke's daughter somehow. Han/Leia would have said something if it was their kid, but I can buy them not telling her (once they realized who it was) and letting Luke do it if she was his.

The Luke parallels are there. Has his light saber, good pilot, from a desert planet

Also, anyone else think Luke looked way more badass as a Jedi w/ the beard and being older vs the first three movies?

And wakephan09, no doubt it was rerecorded but I never expected it to be a line because of its use in Jedi

Also, anyone else think Luke looked way more badass as a Jedi w/ the beard and being older vs the first three movies?

I thought he looked like Obi Wan. I wonder if we are going to see ghost Yoda

Totally. So I only noticed this because yesterday was literally the first time I saw any of the prequels after opening nights in theaters, but the same thing happens with Obi-Wan in I, II, III, and IV. Gets older, more bearded, and more badass.

And wakephan09, no doubt it was rerecorded but I never expected it to be a line because of its use in Jedi

Then we totally agree.

Definitely. My wife thought he looked good. Way better than he looked as The Trickster in last week's episode of The Flash.

Totally. So I only noticed this because yesterday was literally the first time I saw any of the prequels after opening nights in theaters, but the same thing happens with Obi-Wan in I, II, III, and IV. Gets older, more bearded, and more badass.

That's a lesson for you young folks out there.

it was pretty awesome. everything about ben solo or whatever is name is was perfect. my favorite part of the movie might have been when we find out he's wearing the mask for aesthetic reasons.

could have done without the overt comparisons to the third reich (as an empire sympathizer) and I was disappointed in the music (seemed to have been pushed back in the mix too, was drowned out by the sfx) and I had little interest in the space battle.

could have done without the overt comparisons to the third reich (as an empire sympathizer) and I was disappointed in the music (seemed to have been pushed back in the mix too, was drowned out by the sfx) and I had little interest in the space battle.

Best criticisms that I've heard.

I was trying to see if I could distinguish new leitmotifs for our new heroes, but I must have missed it or it wasn't there. Got Luke's theme several times when Rey did force stuff though.

Pretty good. Surprisingly funny

Ren had a little too much Bardem in No Country thing going during the interrogation scene.

Rey has to be Luke's daughter somehow.

Han said Falcon a couple different ways which was annoying.

Really like Poe.

Best criticisms that I've heard.

I was trying to see if I could distinguish new leitmotifs for our new heroes, but I must have missed it or it wasn't there. Got Luke's theme several times when Rey did force stuff though.

Luke's theme was very prominent for a few Rey scenes. None of new selections in the score stood out as much as Duel of the Fates did in Phantom Menace.

My wife just texted me pissed that we haven't seen any Rey dolls in all the stores we've been in for Christmas shopping.

ben looks like Hayden Christiansen, Rey looks like natalie Portman. not a coincidence I bet

I really liked the new theme that came in for Rey's slide down the hill early on. Wish that had been given some more time.

Back