• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SPOILERS: Star Wars: The Last Jedi Discussion Thread SPOILERS

I think she might be Luke's daughter or, at the very least, someone who was training at Luke's academy prior to it being wiped out. She has a memory or vision of it happening, which leads me to believe that she was there and Luke was somehow able to get her out, wipe her memory, and hide her. This would set her up to closely follow Luke's arc in the OT and can also explain how she is aware of Jedi mind tricks, basic light saber stuff, etc.

I also think that Kylo Ren knows more about her than he has let on. He got super pissed when they told him Finn was with a girl on Jakku and if the above theory is true, then he might know that there is another Jedi hidden somewhere.

He did say to her during their fight that they were all that were left now.

My least favorite scene had to be Rey tripping balls after touching the lightsaber. We had no real precedent for anything like that happening before, and tonally it just seemed super out of place with the rest of the movie.

My least favorite scene had to be Rey tripping balls after touching the lightsaber. We had no real precedent for anything like that happening before, and tonally it just seemed super out of place with the rest of the movie.

A force vision? Like what Luke experienced on Dagobah in the cave?

I think she might be Luke's daughter or, at the very least, someone who was training at Luke's academy prior to it being wiped out. She has a memory or vision of it happening, which leads me to believe that she was there and Luke was somehow able to get her out, wipe her memory, and hide her. This would set her up to closely follow Luke's arc in the OT and can also explain how she is aware of Jedi mind tricks, basic light saber stuff, etc.

I also think that Kylo Ren knows more about her than he has let on. He got super pissed when they told him Finn was with a girl on Jakku and if the above theory is true, then he might know that there is another Jedi hidden somewhere.

That's probably the best explanation I've heard.

What is that is the lightsaber Luke had given Kylo during training and it was what he used to turn on Luka and he lost it along the way??? Might explain how Kylo knew about it and why there was some creepy aura around it

Last edited:
It’s a throwaway line, but during one of the many dust-ups between Kylo and General Hux, the former suggests that maybe since Hux’s brainwashed storm troopers aren’t working out so well, they could maybe bring back the attack of the clones. At the very least, it seems like there’s the possibility of some friction brewing in the First Order. Could we see a three-pronged conflict between the Resistance, and a fractured First Order in subsequent movies? That would definitely shake things up from the evil empire versus rebellion dynamic we’ve seen so far.

yes please

This could be possible and explains the saber. But could Finn's somewhat competence with the saber be explained by his First Order training? In the battle where Rey is captured, Finn is recognized by a stormtrooper and that trooper is pretty good with his gun/sword combo thingy. Gotta think that lends to some of Finn's competence with the saber.

And if that is true, then it goes back to Rey. If Finn had previous training and was decent with it, how could one with no training nor clue how to really use the force be so good with it? Still bugs me how she was great with it with no training.

A force vision? Like what Luke experienced on Dagobah in the cave?

I don't think that was the same thing. Luke's vision was logically consistent with the setting... Rey's was a mashup of presumed flashbacks and hallucinations.

32 questions from the movie:
http://www.mtv.com/news/2689627/star-wars-the-force-awakens-spoilers-burning-questions/

That was Luke's lightsaber. That's why Rey handing it to him was the big final emotional scene in the movie.

From the comments:
I think captain phasma is a secret spy/agent for the resistance. she gave absolutely zero fight before disarming the shields. she's probably also responsible for making sure Finn wasn't brainwashed into the first order. otherwise, Finn was a completely useless character. so my guess is that phasma was most likely looking over him for a unique purpose, therefore it makes sense he worked sanitation until she felt he was ready to witness the horror the order was capable of.

I could dig it. Also, I read some reasonable speculation that Max Von Sydow's character was on Jakka to watch over Rey, which is why he had the last piece of the map at the start of the movie. (And why R2 unlocked the map after Rey showed up.)

Agree with this. When you consider that this is probably the first time that he has dueled with a Jedi and he's doing it after taking a bowcaster shot to the gut and Finn injuring him and he's fighting against a force sensitive person who's already skilled with melee weapons, it's totally understandable that he would lose.

The blaster shot stop was bad fucking ass and looked dope in 3D.

Good post. Also Kylo Ren may not have proper training with the lightsaber or melee weapons in general to complement is advanced use for the force push and Jedi mind tricks.

The L, take it you must.

Bro. I'm like 24 hours removed from having seen Empire Strikes Back. You think I didn't have the Dagobah vision in mind when I made that original post? It's not the same fuckin' thing.

Last edited:
Good post. Also Kylo Ren may not have proper training with the lightsaber or melee weapons in general to complement is advanced use for the force push and Jedi mind tricks.

I wonder who taught Kylo the dark side. He sort of implied in his speech to the Vader shrine that it was, well, the Vader shrine, but that doesn't make any sense. I guess he could have just learned through experimentation, like we saw Rey do, but that's not consistent with how Anakin learned in Ep III.

I wonder who taught Kylo the dark side. He sort of implied in his speech to the Vader shrine that it was, well, the Vader shrine, but that doesn't make any sense. I guess he could have just learned through experimentation, like we saw Rey do, but that's not consistent with how Anakin learned in Ep III.

0f74eff3299e804c562b18bbd6b9f7fc.jpg

one more thing I forgot to mention: Finn's jacket is monte, def need to get one of those

Did that scene make it into the movie?

Back