• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SPOILERS: Star Wars: The Last Jedi Discussion Thread SPOILERS

One thing not discussed on here: who do we think is the "old ally" of Leia's mentioned in the opening crawl who tipped her off to send Poe to Jakku?

It was the old guy that Poe met with. My guess is that he was put there to make sure that Rey was ok.

I buy he was there to watch Rey but don't think it's who I'm talking about

That's been discussed.

Barca, how did your wife take it? Mine is pretty down about Han.

I buy he was there to watch Rey but don't think it's who I'm talking about

"Leia has sent her most daring pilot on a secret mission to Jakku, where an old ally has discovered a clue to Luke’s whereabouts…."

It's Lor San Tekka. Who do you think it is?

That's been discussed.

Barca, how did your wife take it? Mine is pretty down about Han.

Fucking bawling. I looked over at her at the start of the scene and she was weeping and I was like welp see ya later, Han. She did admit that of course she'll see the future films. She didn't know ahead of time who killed Han but her brother and parents are going through some tense times now and she's remarked on numerous occasions he's killing her parents, especially her dad, so it hit a little too close to home.

"Leia has sent her most daring pilot on a secret mission to Jakku, where an old ally has discovered a clue to Luke’s whereabouts…."

It's Lor San Tekka. Who do you think it is?

Nm
Ok if that's the case then nm. I thought it was written opposite that an ally tipped her off so she sent her pilot.

Chewbacca might have hulked up and gone for revenge but chewie left to find finn and rey (knows something) and save the falcon. Its what han would have wanted.

Good point about Rey carrying the film. The narrative didn't really rely on her relationships like it did with Luke.

The First Order can only do so much against a deserter who led a group in and destroyed their shields. The First Order's problem is they build huge bases with a lot of dead space and apparently no video surveillance system.

And seem to forget that some defense for the central power systems might be appropriate.

As stupid as it sounds, one of the things I didn't like about it was JJ bringing in his usual suspects for minor roles. It snapped me out of the flow of the movie to see the chubby guy from Felicity/Alias/Heroes flying an X-wing, and the Asian dude from Lost attempting to scheme to blow up the First Order.

I thought the fat pilot was just part of the ep IV remake. There was a definitely a fatty in that one that crashed into the death star.

Great movie. I thought Ren was great acting by Driver. Who is ray's mom going to be? May be discussed. I'll go back through the thread and check.

Matt Parkman was completely distracting to me as well. #PorkManOut

We better get some passing mention of Lando and Wedge in the next one. They did kinda blow up that whole last Death Star thing.

We better get some passing mention of Lando and Wedge in the next one. They did kinda blow up that whole last Death Star thing.

meh, one of the downfalls of the pt was the insistence of making this or that reference to everything that happened in the ot. it was refreshing to avoid that in ep7.

ie im glad we didn't see yoda or even get a mention of him. Luke's self-exile was enough, any fan would be able to connect the dots.

Last edited:
I think she's clearly Luke's daughter don't know of any other female protagonists that are known that could be the mother though. Hence the question

What if Leia and Luke eventually did get it on?? Super Force incest baby.

You know the crazy thing about this movie is everything seemed to happen in the span of one day. Maybe two depending on whether or not what happened in the opening scene was earlier in the night or earlier in the morning.

The lightsaber progression seems to make a nice parallel to the Episode IV. Luke unknowingly receives his father's lightsaber after Anakin was wounded in battle and lost the weapon, and then Rey unknowingly received her likely? father's lightsaber after Luke was wounded in battle and lost it.

The lightsaber might become something that Kylo Ren tries to obtain if he learns that the lightsaber is Anakin/DV's since he seems to be motivated by his grandfather's legacy.

Back