• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Favorite coffee

We just ordered and received a new Nespresso machine. It makes such good coffee...so much better than a Keurig.

Thumbs up for Peet's. Just the best.

I don't drink it enough to be picky, but we got a Keurig since we put it on our registry and I dig it. Makes hot cocoa for the urchins, tea for the woman, and coffee when I need it. Problem is I like my coffee dark and all the dark roast shit tastes like it was burnt. I've read some good things about the Kenya AA or something like that from Green Mountain, so I'll have to track some of that shit down. Anybody have some K-cup recommendations for us simpletons? If I need real coffee, I always have some Brazilian stuff in the freezer, and a friend owns one of the best coffeeshops in Dallas.

you could always buy an inexpensive french press

ill put in my plug for Raleigh Coffee Company, http://www.raleighcoffeecompany.com/ for another north carolina product. digging the sulawesi and brazil blends. about $12/lb but most of the stuff you buy online is roasted a within a week or so of being shipped so its fresh

Big fan of Counter Culture coffee; it's a little pricey but every time I have it I'm reminded of how damn tasty it is.

Currently working on a bag of Perc coffee, which is roasted in Savannah.

For me:

#1 - Tomoka Cafe. Always stock up when we or some friends head to Addis.

#2 Rwandan blend from Land of a Thousand Hills

#3 (seriously) the Kirkland house blend at Costco. Very smooth and fair trade.

And sterl's coffee was great, but he packed up shop and moved to the beach.

The Triangle has a lot of great coffee roasters. Counter Culture, Larry's Beans, Joe Van Gogh all make excellent coffee and roast their beans locally

Big fan of Counter Culture coffee; it's a little pricey but every time I have it I'm reminded of how damn tasty it is.

I had a CC subscription for a while, but all their stuff was so light roasted and lacked oils. Grinds always came out dusty.

I don't drink it enough to be picky, but we got a Keurig since we put it on our registry and I dig it. Makes hot cocoa for the urchins, tea for the woman, and coffee when I need it. Problem is I like my coffee dark and all the dark roast shit tastes like it was burnt. I've read some good things about the Kenya AA or something like that from Green Mountain, so I'll have to track some of that shit down. Anybody have some K-cup recommendations for us simpletons? If I need real coffee, I always have some Brazilian stuff in the freezer, and a friend owns one of the best coffeeshops in Dallas.

Dark Magic, Jet Fuel, Rev are pretty decent.

I recently started purchasing San Francisco Bay Coffee Company's dark roast. Really good. You can get it bagged or in modified Keurig cups. The Keurig pods are the cheapest I've found for decent coffee, around 33 cents a pod. Can buy direct from the company or through Costco (in store on West Coast, website only on East Coast).

Need some new beans to grind.

tumblr_na3mwwCJ2S1qatocqo1_400.jpg

Fresh Market or order online.

Back