• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump Will Win the Nomination

Just throwing out some possibilities on how to pay for it. I agree eliminating the mortgage interest deduction would do more harm to the economy than free public college education would benefit it. I used that as an example because the estimated costs for both in the federal budget are the same. If someone wants to take the time, I'm sure you could comb through the federal budget and find $70 Billion that is currently spent on things that are less beneficial to the country than tution free college would be.

The plan Sanders actually introduced last year called for the Federal government to field 2/3 of the cost and the states 1/3.

I disagree.

Australia, Canada and Britain all did away with it with no discernible adverse impact on homeownership rates or real estate values.

Redirecting the mortgage interest tax expenditure to subsidize access to education would be an excellent use of resources. Although I would argue that an even better use of funds would be to raise our primary and secondary schools up to the standard they need to be.

Bret Easton Ellis ‏@BretEastonEllis Feb 20

Just back from a dinner in West Hollywood: shocked the majority of the table was voting for Trump but they would never admit it publicly.
Can Hillary vs Trump possibly live up to the hype? The debates are gonna be nuts. Unlike Bernie, who has treated Hillary with kid gloves, Trump gives zero fucks and seems to have no filter. If Hillary tries to play the sexist card he won't hesitate to bring up this:
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/12/31/rap-sheet-the-women-who-claim-to-be-victims-of-bill-and-hillary-clinton/

Can you get over your priest molestation flashbacks long enough to read? Where did I lie? It was asked where did Obama promise to pay that lady's gas and mortgage. I pointed out where. So the lady claiming that Obama will pay her gas and mortgage has just enough good faith basis in her beliefs as the guy thinking that Trump will build his wall to keep out the Mexicans. And that is my point, they are the same candidates chasing the same stupidity vote, just on different ends of the spectrum. Anybody who willingly voted/votes for either of them is nothing short of a goddamn moron.

Well said. (again)

You're just above it all, huh? Who did you vote for last time? Who you voting for this time?

Not sure who I will vote for yet, but I take my civic duty seriously and vote for the individual who I believe would be the best President, not the tallest midget running for election from the two main parties.

You voted for Obama BKF are you calling yourself an idiot?

Obama may be a Rubio equivalent politically but there's no way in hell he was a Trump candidate. You're smarter than this 2&2. I think. You keep disproving that though.

That nonsense won't play in the general election.

'Pubs were so terrified of a third party Trump run, they've steered clear of going after Trump's business deals. Newt hit Mitt hard in SC on messy LBOs and Obama was only too happy to highlight that later. Attempting to shake down an old lady for limo parking is the tip of the iceberg. Maximizing out credit cards for Trump U won't play well. Not a whole lot unknowns left on the Clintons. Trump's business deals cut both ways.

You voted for Obama BKF are you calling yourself an idiot?

Obama may be a Rubio equivalent politically but there's no way in hell he was a Trump candidate. You're smarter than this 2&2. I think. You keep disproving that though.

I was basically referring to the first paragraph of his post when I said "well said". That was the bulk of his post....which was essentially a repeat of the same sentiment he had posted earlier about the mortgage/wall thing.....which was why I added the word "again". And I have compared Rubio to Obama in several posts....but I have never compared Obama to Trump.

Yes, I voted for Obama....and if I had that vote to make again I would vote the same way. And I hope I don't have to vote for Trump....but I will if the alternative is voting for Hillary. So I guess I would be twice an idiot, according to 2 & 2.

(I'm also in favor of raising taxes on the wealthy.)

ETA: Looking back at it, I see that 2&2's post was only one big paragraph. What I said above still applies, though. I really didn't even notice the last sentence in his post, to be honest.

Last edited:
Not sure who I will vote for yet, but I take my civic duty seriously and vote for the individual who I believe would be the best President, not the tallest midget running for election from the two main parties.

ok, Captain America, who'd you vote for the last few elections,?

ok, Captain America, who'd you vote for the last few elections,?

Translation:

Please, Captain America, please tell me who you voted for the last few elections because I know it was for conservatives and I want to condescend and display my perceived intellectual superiority.

The Clintons are just fucking evil.
Despite Rector's mental state, then Arkansas Governor Bill Clinton made a point of returning to Arkansas to oversee Rector's January 24, 1992 execution during the 1992 U.S. Presidential campaign.
For his last meal, he left the pecan pie on the side of the tray, telling the corrections officers who came to take him to the execution chamber that, as has been already noted, he was saving it "for later."[8] The rest of the pecan pie was not disposed of until Rector had been executed.
Bill Clinton's critics from the anti-capital punishment sector have seen the case of Rector as an unpleasant example of what they view as Clinton's cynical careerism. The writer Christopher Hitchens, in particular, devotes much of a chapter of his book on Clinton, No One Left to Lie To, for what he regards as the immorality of the then Democratic candidate's decision to condone, and take political advantage of, Rector's execution.[8] Hitchens argues that among other actions, Clinton was attempting to avoid focus on the ongoing Gennifer Flowers sex scandal.

In other words, you voted for Obama and don't want to face the reality that he is the left's version of Trump: completely unqualified, campaigning primarily on being the opposite of the person in office who is currently despised by a large portion of the population, and using blowhard tactics full of ridiculous statements aimed at the lowest common denominators in their respective parties knowing damn well that there are enough of those idiots to help carry his election regardless of the collateral damage that actually enacting the promises would do to the country.

Trump doesn't like Muslims and blames them for lots of problems, Obama didn't like rich people and blamed them for lots of problems. What's the difference? Other than you like Muslims more than rich people as well.

Has to be trolling at this point

Can you get over your priest molestation flashbacks long enough to read? Where did I lie? It was asked where did Obama promise to pay that lady's gas and mortgage. I pointed out where. So the lady claiming that Obama will pay her gas and mortgage has just enough good faith basis in her beliefs as the guy thinking that Trump will build his wall to keep out the Mexicans. And that is my point, they are the same candidates chasing the same stupidity vote, just on different ends of the spectrum. Anybody who willingly voted/votes for either of them is nothing short of a goddamn moron.

Any post about moron voting that does not mention George W. Bush is a moranic post.

Back