• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump Will Win the Nomination

He got less than a majority of conservative latino caucas votes. So roughly 44 votes.

Its all too little too late for the establishment. The Trump snowball is already 1/4 of the way down the hill. He leads all over the south (in some places the lead is enormous and he is leading Rubiobot huge in FL. He also leads Kasich in OH by 5 points. About the only place he is not leading is TX where Cruz leads him by 8 but Rubio by 22 and in Utah where Rubio actually for once leads by 2 over Cruz.

Nevada should have been a Rubio kind of state: He had a good ground game, there's a sizable Latino population, and Nevada Republicans are on the moderate side. Trump won nearly every demographic: rich and poor, conservative and moderate, white and non-white, evangelical and non-evangelical. The one place where he was cleanly outpaced? Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) took the voters who care most about electability, and Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) took those who care most about a candidate who shares their values. In other words, Trump voters do not particularly care if he can win or not, nor if he hews to the party line. This is, quite literally, RNC chair Reince Priebus' worst nightmare. The Trump supporters seem to be less concerned about the White House than they are about sending a message to the professional politicians of both parties.

That's awesome. Trump is a clown, but it is nonetheless amusing to watch him turn some liberal PC assumptions on their ear.

You mean Republican assumptions that Cruz and Rubio would be huge with Latinos.

I don't think there were any liberal PC assumptions about what Latino Republicans would do. Any Latino who is a Republican probably isn't going to get torn up about Trump's comments.

When your main competition for the nomination is Ted Cruz & Marco Rubio you are pretty much home free. Cruz has no appeal to anyone outside the 20% or so Tea Party & religious fanatics, and Rubio is just an empty suit with a pretty face who exposes himself for what he is every time he opens his mouth.

Who the hell is going to run the departments in a Trump presidency? You know it will be the typical Dem hacks in a Sanders/Clinton administration, but who in Trumps? A bunch of Apprentice winners?

Who the hell is going to run the departments in a Trump presidency? You know it will be the typical Dem hacks in a Sanders/Clinton administration, but who in Trumps? A bunch of Apprentice winners?

I looking forward to seeing where Omarosa fits in.

44% of Latino Republicans caucusing. 9% of Republican caucus goers were Latino. Nevada is about 20% Latino.

Yep. As I expected, two Cuban Republicans lack Latino appeal outside their constituencies.

Math is math. 44% of nothing is still nothing.

50350882.jpg

I cannot stop laughing thinking about Trump telling the crowd, "I love the poorly educated!" That is the funniest thing ever to me.

Back