• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump Will Win the Nomination

I'm surprised more people haven't gone after Trump for his business failings and scams, including his Trump University scam. Fitting today when he said "I love the poorly educated! We're the smartest people, we're the most loyal people" Yes, we know why he loves them, he has a history of scamming them out of tens of thousands of dollars. There's a wealth of stuff there that I feel has been untapped and I hope Clinton or Sanders nails him on it:

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/421236/donald-trump-university-scam-candidate-2016

Republicans are advocates for for-profits that take advantage of the poor.

I know there are rumors about it out there and there may not be anything behind it but I do think Joe Scarborough makes a lot of sense as a VP candidate for Trump.

I know there are rumors about it out there and there may not be anything behind it but I do think Joe Scarborough makes a lot of sense as a VP candidate for Trump.

Scarborough's not a billionaire, so he'd still need a job after a loss. Will have burned a bridge at MSNBC and Fox doesn't love Trump. A ticket with 4 divorces and a dead intern would be a tough sell to a big chunk of the electorate.

"The latest Quinnipiac poll of Florida Republicans shows that Donald Trump is now leading Florida with 44 percent of the vote, while Marco Rubio is in second with only 28 percent. Ted Cruz is now in third place with 12 percent."
Only Trump can stump Trump at this point.

Here's an article that draws a strong statistical correlation between authoritarianism, fear of terrorism, and Trump support. http://www.vox.com/2016/2/23/11099644/trump-support-authoritarianism Interesting, and this may get to some of Wrangor's points, regular every-Sunday church attendance is negatively correlated with Trump support.

Good article. Thanks for sharing. Showing up for church doesn't prove that someone is serious about their faith, but if they aren't showing up it is a very good sign they aren't. So that would certainly make sense with my theory.

Is it too much to say Rubio would have a very tough time reviving his career after losing the Florida primary?

Same with Cruz in Texas.

"The latest Quinnipiac poll of Florida Republicans shows that Donald Trump is now leading Florida with 44 percent of the vote, while Marco Rubio is in second with only 28 percent. Ted Cruz is now in third place with 12 percent."
Only Trump can stump Trump at this point.

I will admit, that it is a little scary that Trump is winning by such large margins. I think you will see Kasich drop out soon and throw his support to Rubio. Tonight's debate is going to fascinating.

Gonna be savage between Cruz and Rubio. Trump should just sit back and enjoy the show while tossing in some barbs whenever one of the other two lands a punch just to pile on. Should be a get your popcorn ready night

I saw Art Laffer speak this morning. He did not outright support anyone, but I got the sense he is squarely in the Trump camp.

But that disgusting behavior gets paired with the sight of Trump humiliating establishment empty suits like Scott Walker, stuffed shirts like Jeb Bush, party pets like Marco Rubio and habitual liars like Ted Cruz. The fact that Trump himself is frequently lying doesn’t matter to those that see themselves as the establishment’s victims if he’s lying in service of exposing another government predator.

party pet LOL

I will admit, that it is a little scary that Trump is winning by such large margins. I think you will see Kasich drop out soon and throw his support to Rubio. Tonight's debate is going to fascinating.

If that mattered, Kasich wouldn't be considering dropping out.

What parts of the last 8 years exactly?

Moderate Republican but he is largely a media personality now. Not sure the ticket needs two of those (but I do think Joe is very bright and capable).

Back