• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump Will Win the Nomination

Remember the conversations about how scared everyone was of Ben Carson, and how he was "reasoned" and "measured". Those were fun.

Trump isn't really a conservative. He is a populist. Some of his policies are quite to the left.

pour, can't watch the video right now but I agree. Trump plays into the racism and xenophobia rampant in the Republican Party that became acceptable in the new social media age and with a black president. Trump also taps into what conservatives have been taught to believe about distrust of government and politicians and the need to run government like a business. Add in conservatives' irrational embrace of conservative celebrities (Ted Nugent? Really?) and Trump makes a lot of sense.

pour, can't watch the video right now but I agree. Trump plays into the racism and xenophobia rampant in the Republican Party that became acceptable in the new social media age and with a black president. Trump also taps into what conservatives have been taught to believe about distrust of government and politicians and the need to run government like a business. Add in conservatives' irrational embrace of conservative celebrities (Ted Nugent? Really?) and Trump makes a lot of sense.

^ You would have to work in a place where everyone---by unwritten but sacred rule---- thought exactly like you in order to fall into this particular abyss of self-congratulation/delusion.

Oh wait...

Trump isn't really a conservative. He is a populist. Some of his policies are quite to the left.

Agree he is no conservative. More like a chameleon. As far as his policies, that would depend on when you ask him. He has been on both sides of almost every subject.

He doesn't have policies.

There are many complications when it comes to guessing what Donald Trump's fate will be when people actually go to the polls to vote. Online polls consistently show higher support for the billionaire than telephone polls. Polling firm Morning Consult has examined the phenomenon, and believes it has an answer: White, college-educated males are embarrassed to admit their support for The Donald.
The methodology of the study is solid—Morning Consult conducted an online poll and then called some of the same respondents. In this way, they were able to identify individuals who gave one answer online and then a different answer when speaking to a real person. Assuming that the conclusions are correct, then Trump support may be 5% or 10% higher than is generally reported. That's the good news for the billionaire. The bad news is that, one way or another, he is likely to have an unusually large "spoil" rate—supporters who do not show up to the polls, or who show up but can't actually vote for him. So there is every chance that the Donald's election returns end up way off his polling numbers—the question is in what direction.

That does look like a solid study.

Trump calling Bill a "degenerate" this morning. Is Bill gonna be a liability or plus for Hillary?

2h2 hours ago
Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump
Hillary Clinton lied last week when she said ISIS made a D.T. video. The video that ISIS made was about her husband being a degenerate.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump
Al-Shabbab, not ISIS, just made a video on me - they all will as front-runner & if I speak out against them, which I must. Hillary lied!

Nobody should take on Bill Clinton in political theater. It's like starting a land war in Asia. Just don't do it.

Back