• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A Militia Has Taken Over A Federal Building In Oregon

I haven't really found an answer to this, but what charges await these people? Federal felonies I would imagine. Treason?

I doubt that they will ever stand trial for treason, but - kid gloves and hilarity, aside - this is an act of treason by the occupiers and their supporters.

Taking over a federal building - even one in the middle of nowhere that is unoccupied - has to be a 5+ year sentence I would imagine.

Darwin is really dropping the ball on this one.

Darwin's theory implies laissez faire governance, as opposed to the government coddling/protection that we're seeing in this case. The government and law enforcement response has ensured that these idiots will not fail. I'm not sure that the natural world plays by those types of rules.

i assume you guys are talking about this guy:

darwin.jpg

What the government should do is consider the land and surrounding land now king of the hill. If you are a militia, white supremacist group, black panthers, hell even Mormon etc... and would like to operate freely and setup your own government this is the place to do it. Whoever controls this land is considered king and will be recognized by the United States. The in fighting will pretty much eliminate many a patriot and the Feds don't have to lift a finger.

At some point, maybe we've passed that point, the FBI or local authorities just need to go in and get these morons out. The longer they sit there and flaunt their sovereign garbage, the more ammunition they have for their cause "we stood up to the government, they didn't even come in and get us."

The only thing I can see that makes sense (and I am grasping a straws here) is that the government is waiting for the media to stop caring. I guess they want to get these guys out before spring bird migration and breeding seasons set in (around March) but they don't want a pile of media drama surrounding the forced removal of the these people from the facility...so they are going to wait until February, when the media has moved on to the Iowa Caucasus and other early primaries - to really ensure that no one is paying attention anymore - then they will go in and get them. I am a DOI employee and I got an email from Secretary Jewel this week asking that all DOI employees be patient with the process of dealing with this situation.

the employees should just come back to work next week and see what happens

"hey guys, mind if i have my desk back? i need to make some calls"

the employees should just come back to work next week and see what happens

"hey guys, mind if i have my desk back? i need to make some calls"

It's so wrong but I'd love to see what he mighty militia men would do about a bunch of office workers just coming back to work.

I'm hoping the Feds just have men on the inside collecting intelligence.

apparently after the "judge" finds the government officials guilty, the "judge" finds that there are millions of dollars in "damages". Under color of this BS judgment, these sovereign citizen guys then go out and file false lien claims against the personal property of all the government officials that have wronged them.

We ran into 1 of these sovereign citizen morons in this area several months ago. They don't recognize the existence of the federal govt, but this guy goes ahead and files bogus claims in federal court, like saying the IRS owed him 7 figures. While we got a good laugh at the way they write up their claims and how they refer to themselves, the trouble is you don't know which of these guys are just off their rocker and which are truly dangerous. They shot a couple of cops at a routine traffic stop in Arkansas a few years ago, and frequently they'll threaten local law enforcement and court officials. They typically love to tote their firearms wherever they go as a means of intimidation. The Southern Poverty Law Center has labled them a hate group. And remember that Nichols and McVeigh were linked to the sovereign citizen movement. I would guess most of these Oregon dudes are a bunch of wannabes, but I'd be very careful in pushing them over the edge because you don't want a firefight.

I'd also guess there are political considerations in the equation in an election year. I'm sure the Obama administration does not want any blood here, even in a situation where the sovereign citizens were the aggressors.

Edited to add a link to the video of sovereign citizens and their battles with law enforcement. It starts with the shooting of those 2 Arkansas cops. The video is informative but disturbing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_y-gLm9Hrw

Last edited:
We have the first documented instance of an armed insurrection complaining about neg rep that was sent in the form of dildos and a bag of dicks. If the liberal community is worth their salt then it should be #incoming.

We have the first documented instance of an armed insurrection complaining about neg rep that was sent in the form of dildos and a bag of dicks. If the liberal community is worth their salt then it should be #incoming.

Oh no doubt. So many bags of dicks on their way.

Exactly why rep shouldn't be anonymous! Hunt down and kill those dick senders!

It's so wrong but I'd love to see what he mighty militia men would do about a bunch of office workers just coming back to work.

I'm hoping the Feds just have men on the inside collecting intelligence.

Just now reading this and surprised no one commented on it this, i.e. the futility of trying to find any sign of intelligence in that building.

Oregon standoff: Bundy, militants destroy fence at federal refuge

Bundy, son of Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy, said the Fish and Wildlife Service used a $100,000 grant to install the fence last year, preventing the family's 600 cattle from grazing on nearby public land.

"This will help them out, being able to run their ranch like they have in the past," Bundy said. The militants had permission from the family to destroy the fence, he added. "They actually showed us where they wanted it," Bundy said.

Rancher: 'I didn't know anything' about Bundy entering property, destroying fence

Tim Puckett, the rancher whose cattle graze private rangeland adjoining the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, said he didn't give Ammon Bundy and his band of armed militants permission to enter the ranch Monday afternoon and destroy a publicly owned fence.

"I am very upset," Puckett told The Oregonian/OregonLive.

His ranch hands have already repaired the fence.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just now reading this and surprised no one commented on it this, i.e. the futility of trying to find any sign of intelligence in that building.

True. Must be why it's taking so long.

Back