• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A Militia Has Taken Over A Federal Building In Oregon

a Trump/Cruz ticket would carpet bomb his house and possibly execute his family.

that's how you get shit done with terrorists

One thing I noticed about the shooting, from a purely tactical perspective, is the positioning of the officers. According to accounts, the officer who shot was the guy coming out of the trees at the top of the picture. Look at the position of the rest of the officers - a bunch of them were in the line of fire behind Finicum from the shooter's position. Significant risk of friendly fire there. Maybe could have approached that differently.

Maybe they didn't think he'd try to plow the snow.

I figure there was a good chance he'd try for the trees on foot though.

Holy shit, really? 11? No wonder he is hiding out in a remote Oregon Wildlife Refuge.

Yeah, really. He's a Mormon. He also cared for dozens of foster kids throughout the years.

Yeah, really. He's a Mormon. He also cared for dozens of foster kids throughout the years.

Oh, yeah...I've read about him before the shooting. What a bunch of crazy people.

So glad this is coming to an end. I am still finding it hard to believe these people want to walk free with no consequences, and that we are letting some of them do it.

I'm not sure how this discourages the next nut jobs from doing the same thing.

I'm not sure how this discourages the next nut jobs from doing the same thing.

Yeah exactly. These guys must have been emboldened by the way the Feds backed off Cliven Bundy a year or so ago and allowed him to not only get away with illegal grazing on public lands over the previous decade but also allow him to continue the illegal activity. And now here we are again, allowing some of these militants to walk free without any consequences for the obviously illegal, and dangerous actions.

So the four holdouts want outstanding warrants/charges against one of the four holdouts dropped to leave? So dumb. It's also dumb to go takeover federal property (well anytime) when you have outstanding bench warrants.

Watched the video this morning. The decedent deserves a Darwin Award for stupidity. If you are armed (or the cops have great reason to believe you are armed), and you don't want to get shot, you keep your arms high in the air at all times until you are cuffed. Dude went for his belt. You're gonna get shot at least 9 times out of 10 under those circumstances.

Watched the video this morning. The decedent deserves a Darwin Award for stupidity. If you are armed (or the cops have great reason to believe you are armed), and you don't want to get shot, you keep your arms high in the air at all times until you are cuffed. Dude went for his belt. You're gonna get shot at least 9 times out of 10 under those circumstances.

That's obviously the outcome he wanted. Said it himself many times.

"I ... want to know how many of them live here, how many are paid actors," Berg says.

Feds paying actors left and right to counter-protest!

"I ... want to know how many of them live here, how many are paid actors," Berg says.

Feds paying actors left and right to counter-protest!

Yep heard this on NPR yesterday. Truly were shocked to find that people that live there might not want an armed militia showing up. I also love the line to the effect of "we all have guns but we see it as disrespectful to be holstered up waving it around."

Yep heard this on NPR yesterday. Truly were shocked to find that people that live there might not want an armed militia showing up. I also love the line to the effect of "we all have guns but we see it as disrespectful to be holstered up waving it around."

These are the same guys who think Obummer faked the Sandy Hook shooting so he could grab their guns, no surprise they would believe anyone who disagrees with them must be a federal stooge.

Back