• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What would do with $1.5B?

What would do with $1.3B?

Bro I'm 29 with no kids. I want to run a successful soccer team (the MLS is a great investment right now with it being a top 2-3 popular sport among millennials and younger kids) and travel and bang chicks and stuff.

Get off of my cloud.

Last edited:
Travel like a baller for the rest of my life. I might not even own property.

id buy the redskins and move them to guatemala

I also think I'd buy like a $500K two bedroom house on the east side of Austin and turn into like a grown up's clubhouse. A bar, stadium seating, TVs, etc. Make it like a legit sports watching hang out for my bros and myself.

After hiring an attorney (I already have a financial advisor), a good portion would go into trusts and foundations. The foundations would handled my charitable giving and take that responsibility off of us :)

Then I would buy us our first home, a home in Kiawah, 2 homes in mtndeacs hometown (one for us and one for his mother). I would also payoff our education and my sister's, and then payoff my parents house. My next "splurge" would be to give a portion to wake for a specific building.

Voice activated elevators in the quad dorms that only work if you say "boo yah"
Lots of sour patch kids
A nice truck and a big farmhouse with land on a river

id fund the monorail project and with none of these used disney cars that show up on this site from time to time.

On a serious note if you are younger than 60 it seems like it would be best to take the 30 year pay out. It would be like 26 million dollars a year (after taxes). You would get almost all of it even if you die before collecting it all, plus you would have it to invest for kids and family. I'm guessing most people could live somewhat comfortably with 26 mil a year.
I could get those new wiper blades I've been needing too.

I also think I'd buy like a $500K two bedroom house on the east side of Austin and turn into like a grown up's clubhouse. A bar, stadium seating, TVs, etc. Make it like a legit sports watching hang out for my bros and myself.

like the "fun house" in HBO's cutting drama "Ballers" starring Dwayne Johnson?

You win a billion dollars and want a 500k house? Think big, son.

On a serious note if you are younger than 60 it seems like it would be best to take the 30 year pay out. It would be like 26 million dollars a year (after taxes). You would get almost all of it even if you die before collecting it all, plus you would have it to invest for kids and family. I'm guessing most people could live somewhat comfortably with 26 mil a year.

I imagine you could quite easily get some loans and spend a few hundred mil if you had that income stream.

bro, that's barely 'maple-paneled fridge' level.

Back