• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What would do with $1.5B?

I like my job, but with a billion in the bank I'd be selfish to continue working in the same capacity just b/c I enjoy it and find it rewarding, when there is so much more I could do with my time and $$$$$$$$ to help others.

Now $1.4B/$868M Stay tuned

I'd give my brothers and father each five million and let them know they can always have more if they need it. I'd get a private jet membership and stay somewhere with nice weather year round. Spend five to ten million funding parapsychological research. The overwhelming majority of it would go towards a nationwide spay/neuter program and encouraging people to adopt from shelters and not support dog breeders and puppy mills- I grew up with dogs from dog breeders so not condemning those of you with animals from them. But I want to see less unwanted doggies and kitties being put down.

Pay off all of the debts from my closest relatives, so they'd have a clean slate going forward. Then step down as moderator of the boards and travel the world. I'd make it a personal quest to visit every single country.

Probably some other things, but I've not put that much thought into it.

Pay off all of the debts from my closest relatives, so they'd have a clean slate going forward. Then step down as moderator of the boards and travel the world. I'd make it a personal quest to visit every single country.

Probably some other things, but I've not put that much thought into it.

I laughed. That was pretty good. You need to have your priorities straight.

Well, that extra $100 million changes things a bit.

Assuming a lump sum of $868 million, the following would be likely:

$10 million in house and grounds in the NC mountains. If I can't get what I want up front, I'll park a few million at a place in Grandfather Golf & CC or elsewhere in Linville until I can assemble the land and build the house.

$3 million in the CLT

$25 million investment in the Charlotte pro soccer team with designs on future MLS club

$1 million in cars

$3 million in family, education of nieces and nephews and cousins

A few million to the DSD slush fund

The rest goes into VC, REITS, and other funds. Live off the annual profits and interest from $800 million+. Travel. Donate.

Oh my bad, I thought the $868 million was after tax. Adjust the above to $400 million +.

Who is the counter-party on the other side of the lump sum payment? Always a chance they could default. Take the cash.

66006257.jpg

But seriously...I'd buy a working ranch in central Florida with a large lakehouse on it and staff it with a crew so I could just watch the labor being done and play cowboy when I wanted to. I'd have a beach house in Boca Grande, FL and a home in the mountains of North Carolina. I'd have a helicopter and a plane and season tickets to all things UF and Wake Forest. I'd travel like crazy. And I'd invest in Cuban real estate when it opened up.

I'd also pay to put up billboards throughout the south, trolling people that Obama is coming for their guns.

And I'd crash Townie's and lbE's weddings and get all wasted.

Back