• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What would do with $1.5B?

Guy in my hometown hit the $250 Million back in the 90s. He was in prison for the rest of his life after 3 years. My little brother (the FIGHTER PILOT) lost one of his good friends to OD at the winner's house. Some serious shit went down at that guy's place.

92125-Val-Kilmer-chomp-gif-Top-Gun-I-7HKt.gif

I'd like to do everything possible to make sure I live as long as possible to enjoy my riches.

Your fiancee's going to outlive you no matter what.

I would:
-Pay off my sister's house, cars, etc.
-Set up college funds for the kids.
-In some manner, set up my cousins with houses/education funds.
-Buy my mom a fancy new car.
-I found a house in Turks & Caicos I really like. I would buy that and then private jet it down there with cats & my sister's dog and everyone.
-Buy an apartment in Seattle & house in Arizona.
-Get the DNA taken from my kitten so I can clone him down the line. Contact my ex I had a cat with and pay him for our shared cat's DNA as well.
-Go see Britney Spears again :)

Your fiancee's going to outlive you no matter what.

Well, yeah. Statistically that would happen even if we were the same age.

I'm just making sure she doesn't end up living in The Villages. I know what goes on there.

Well, yeah. Statistically that would happen even if we were the same age.

I'm just making sure she doesn't end up living in The Villages. I know what goes on there.

Good plan.

I'd pay a big-time university to be able to sit in on whatever classes I wanted.

I'm boring. I'd try to do a plan similar to that Reddit post and set up a bunch of trusts to protect a lot of it from lawsuits and stupid impulse buys like jets. It'll be a real challenge keeping my kid grounded.

I'll probably build a NC mountain house and build a large wall to keep out the hillbilly tweakers. And spend most of my time at a primary residence in a really rich area of LA or something. I wouldn't be real happy there but I'd just be another rich bozo in a town of rich bozos so I could blend in and retain some level of normal quiet life.

Oh and moving far away from my current home in NC would also have the added benefit of shaking off the begging acquaintances and local celebrity status. That stuff quickly crushes the typical yokels that win these and then try to keep living in their current dumps.

I'm boring. I'd try to do a plan similar to that Reddit post and set up a bunch of trusts to protect a lot of it from lawsuits and stupid impulse buys like jets. It'll be a real challenge keeping my kid grounded.

I'll probably build a NC mountain house and build a large wall to keep out the hillbilly tweakers. And spend most of my time at a primary residence in a really rich area of LA or something. I wouldn't be real happy there but I'd just be another rich bozo in a town of rich bozos so I could blend in and retain some level of normal quiet life.

Oh and moving far away from my current home in NC would also have the added benefit of shaking off the begging acquaintances and local celebrity status. That stuff quickly crushes the typical yokels that win these and then try to keep living in their current dumps.

this sounds all well and good; don't forget your Portland home with full-time care-taker (and a nicely-appointed guest suite for you when you visit).

Time to update the title again - Jackpot now estimated at $1.4B/$930M. Even Bill Gates would consider that real money

I'd start a high tech military weapons company, and use its R & D to provide me with weapons, armor, and transportation to fund my vigilante crime fighting operation.

Is the payout going to get above one billion?

[h=5]Current Estimated Jackpot[/h] [h=1]$1.5 Billion[/h] [h=6]$930 Million Cash Value[/h]

Is the payout going to get above one billion?

[h=5]Current Estimated Jackpot[/h] [h=1]$1.5 Billion[/h] [h=6]$930 Million Cash Value[/h]

Cash option pay out is 62% of the estimated jackpot. For the cash option payout to top $1 billion, the jackpot has to be 1.613 billion.

Highest federal tax bracket is 39.6%. So, if you live in a state with no state taxes, the current jackpot equates to $561.72 million following federal taxes.

I like how the figure in the title keeps getting updated but the missing word is not added in

Guy in my hometown hit the $250 Million back in the 90s. He was in prison for the rest of his life after 3 years. My little brother (the FIGHTER PILOT) lost one of his good friends to OD at the winner's house. Some serious shit went down at that guy's place.

Sounds like he really stalled out after he won.

funny how our brains just read things that aren't there - i never noticed the "you" is missing.

I like how the figure in the title keeps getting updated but the missing word is not added in

I tried to add the missing word about ten seconds after I posted the thread, but I was on my phone, and I guess the edit didn't save. And once people started posting on it I thought it was kind of funny (me being #psf and all that) and just left it.

However I have NOT been the one editing the number in the title. There is some mod shenanigans going on. CENSORSHIP!!!!

Back