• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What would do with $1.5B?

Before claiming the prize, go see a trust lawyer to set stuff up and also get umbrella insurance and a good lawyer on retainer to fight off the inevitable lawsuits from folks coming out of the woodwork.

Keep trying to live my normal life, ha no just kidding. Quit my job and move primary residence to a place like LA, Aspen etc where I’m just another rich dude who’s probably not even as well off as his neighbors. You’d attract way less attention than the douchey WV winner types who build a stupid huge house in their shit town.

Put a significant chunk in that trust I set up to protect it. Keep a much smaller chunk in something basically risk free like treasuries or maybe like a retiree 30/70 portfolio and live off the earnings generated from that. Hopefully to keep the kids from getting affluenza. Sorry guys, the big stuff is in the trust, can’t get to it. The foundation idea is a good one for another chunk, it’ll give me some purpose and keep me from becoming a hermit.

I hope it is someone coastal. Going from hurricane victim to lottery winner would be pretty neat.

Before claiming the prize, go see a trust lawyer to set stuff up and also get umbrella insurance and a good lawyer on retainer to fight off the inevitable lawsuits from folks coming out of the woodwork.

Keep trying to live my normal life, ha no just kidding. Quit my job and move primary residence to a place like LA, Aspen etc where I’m just another rich dude who’s probably not even as well off as his neighbors. You’d attract way less attention than the douchey WV winner types who build a stupid huge house in their shit town.

Put a significant chunk in that trust I set up to protect it. Keep a much smaller chunk in something basically risk free like treasuries or maybe like a retiree 30/70 portfolio and live off the earnings generated from that. Hopefully to keep the kids from getting affluenza. Sorry guys, the big stuff is in the trust, can’t get to it. The foundation idea is a good one for another chunk, it’ll give me some purpose and keep me from becoming a hermit.

You neglected to mention the love you'd show to family.

I’d buy a bunch of houses in cool places and spend my days renovating them.

It was sold in Simpsonville, SC (Mile from my ex's parents). I assume the first thing they do is move out of Simpsonville. Also, SC is one of the states where the winner can stay anonymous.

Word around Simpsonville that the winner is supposedly someone who worked at the Tire Station.

Back