• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

For a course that wasn't supposed to favor length, only 2 of the quarter finalists would be considered average or below average in length. 5 of them are certified bombers.

No Americans in the semis. Not coincidentally, we've gotten our butts kicked in the Ryder Cup recently.

Purtzer? Seriously?

It's obviously subjective to some extent. Sam Snead perhaps, but I would say Hogan. I have heard Nicklaus say that Hogan was a better ball striker than Tiger.

As for pure beauty Purtzer definitely has to be in the conversation.

Great match. All square through ten.

I've always liked Louis but he is one funny looking little dude.

Fun fact: Rory and Louis are the same height at 5 ft 10 in. I know, I was blown away too when I heard that.

I'm old, but Snead and Hogan were before my day. For pure beauty, and not necessarily ball striking, Purtzer and Louie have the nicest swings I've ever seen.

This McIlroy/Day match is fantastic heavyweight stuff. It's amazing how far those guys hit it for their size, and when they're on, they have every aspect of the game down.

Following Rory vs Day was fun. On 12 Rory's approach just missed hitting us and then we got to watch from 5 feet away as he told a cop to fuck off and then beat his club into ground after his chip was short. Great stuff.

If only more match play events ended with matches like McIlroy/Day... That was awesome. Wish it had been the final (probably).

Also, this golf course is fantastic.

I wish they would re-seed once the field is cut to 16 and again when it's cut to 4. No reason they couldn't.

If only more match play events ended with matches like McIlroy/Day... That was awesome. Wish it had been the final (probably).

Also, this golf course is fantastic.

I agree this course is fantastic. Would love to play it. Better start making some important friends.

Back