• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

I'm with you on this 1. I prefer tourneys where par is a good score. And with the firmness of the greens, you had pros landing it in the middle-back portions of the greens and still rolling off. Really tough day yesterday with no one going low. Have another tough and beautiful course this week in Riviera.

A par that wins a golf tournament is anything but routine.

Not to mention that the par that looks routine on television is anything but routine to the guy that has to make it.

Tiger
Rory
JT

What a damn group Thurs/Fri, absolutely stoked to watch that.

Not sure if any of you golf nuts have PGA Tour Live but you would be getting your moneys worth this morning. Two featured groups are Tiger/JT/Rory followed on the tee by Phil/Kuch/Fleetwood.

Tiger/JT/Rory all just birdied #10 (their starting hole). Riv is gonna be LIT this week.

Was switching back and forth this a.m. between the Canada hockey game and the Euros in Muscat and the women in Adelaide. Don't remember there being a tourney in Oman, but it's a cool looking course. Then I started wondering how that course makes $$. I figure Dubai and Abu Dhabi get a lot of tourists playing, especially Euros in the winter. But I wouldn't think Oman gets much. And while golf is big in East Asia, and there are a few good Indian golfers, it doesn't seem big in the Middle East. So does anyone know how courses make their $$ over there?

Tiger spraying it off the tee to start and Rory still can't putt a lick. Hitting it all over the flag but giving it no chance. They need to get it going the last 12 holes or so. Fleetwood is a lot of fun to watch, just so in control of every shot he hits.

Not sure if any of you golf nuts have PGA Tour Live but you would be getting your moneys worth this morning. Two featured groups are Tiger/JT/Rory followed on the tee by Phil/Kuch/Fleetwood.

Tiger/JT/Rory all just birdied #10 (their starting hole). Riv is gonna be LIT this week.

Just got PGA tour live today, and the coverage is absolutely phenomenal. I love it so far, will definitely continue using for the rest of the season.

Just got PGA tour live today, and the coverage is absolutely phenomenal. I love it so far, will definitely continue using for the rest of the season.

Best $40 I spend every year by far.

Watched the replay last night. I love that course. One of the best designs on tour, and the eucalyptus trees add a nice touch. And it's great to see an old time course that's not overly long stand up to today's technology and pros. Par is never a bad score there.

Watched the replay last night. I love that course. One of the best designs on tour, and the eucalyptus trees add a nice touch. And it's great to see an old time course that's not overly long stand up to today's technology and pros. Par is never a bad score there.

Really is. After watching a bunch of the US Am last year it's become one of my favorites. Just a great set up with holes that really give you options to get the ball in the hole in a lot of different ways.

Wasn't a big fan of yesterdays leaderboard - never liked Phil, Bubba or Na. Was rooting for Finau because he seems like a nice young gun who can bomb it and future Ryder Cupper. Though I guess it's good for the game that Bubba won and Phil contended. Have been impressed with Cantlay coming off 2-3 years of injuries, but good lord it takes him forever to putt. He's taking the slowpoke title from Spieth.

So how serious was Bubba when he said earlier in the week he would consider withdrawing from the tournament to play in the celebrity all-star game Friday night? Just Bubba being Bubba? On PGA Tour radio this morning, they made it sound like he was really considering giving up the game last year due to his health struggles and poor play. I guess this week just shows there truly are horses for courses (5 of his 10 PGA tour wins have now come at Riviera or Augusta).

So how serious was Bubba when he said earlier in the week he would consider withdrawing from the tournament to play in the celebrity all-star game Friday night? Just Bubba being Bubba? On PGA Tour radio this morning, they made it sound like he was really considering giving up the game last year due to his health struggles and poor play. I guess this week just shows there truly are horses for courses (5 of his 10 PGA tour wins have now come at Riviera or Augusta).

Bubba is a strange dude, so who knows? He's long, and this week he had a very tidy short game, which you need at Riviera - you really need to get your chips and bunker shots inside of 5'. He also seemed to be in a good mood, so we didn't have to pray for Ted Scott this week.

Wasn't a big fan of yesterdays leaderboard - never liked Phil, Bubba or Na. Was rooting for Finau because he seems like a nice young gun who can bomb it and future Ryder Cupper. Though I guess it's good for the game that Bubba won and Phil contended. Have been impressed with Cantlay coming off 2-3 years of injuries, but good lord it takes him forever to putt. He's taking the slowpoke title from Spieth.

Yea I was not really aware how long it took Cantlay over the ball until yesterday, slightly annoying. But man is his swing pure. As I said a few weeks ago, dude is going to kill it at the Ryder Cup this year.

On the Bubba discussion, I still cant get over how dumb the Volvik decision was last year. Took a cash grab for $1 million and probably cost at least double that much with his awful play. Not shocked in the least that a head case like him was thrown off so much by that change. He played great the last two days, should be a law that his shots all have to come with pro tracer.

Last edited:

In his interview with Kostis right after he won yeasterday 1) took him a while to compose himself after crying before he could speak 2) when asked if he had seriously considered retiring he said he discussed it with his wife 10-12 times during the past year. Said he had physical and mental issues to overcome. Obviously, he can still play.
How about his 349 yd drive right down the middle on 17?
Nothing conservative about Bubba.

With the west coast swing and its world class golf courses behind us, the tour begins its march though a litany of soul-less Florida resort courses at the Honda Classic.

With the west coast swing and its world class golf courses behind us, the tour begins its march though a litany of soul-less Florida resort courses at the Honda Classic.

I kinda like Bay Hill, but the other 3 FL courses don't do anything for me. It's an unexciting stretch up to Augusta with Austin CC, Bay Hill and Mexico City being the best of the lot. Speaking of unexciting courses, watched a little of the Doha course this a.m. but wasn't into the course. Of the Middle East desert stretch, the Muscat layout last week was the most interesting to watch with Doha being the worst of the 4.

And Tiger is apparently off to a decent start this a.m. - is -1 thru 10. I wouldn't say he's done. His short game looked tidy in CA. His problem was mainly his inability to hit fairways. I'm interested in seeing whether he can straighten out the driver over the next couple of months.

Weird that Webb was leading after round one and is tied for 3rd place now and we're talking about Tiger.

Back