• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Same. Went into yesterday rooting for anyone whose last name wasn't Poulter or Park. Ugh. If Inbee wins this a.m., the only good thing about the weekend will be that Spieth may be regaining form. I also thought I knew most of the American women, but I don't recall ever seeing Jennifer Song before, and apparently she's been around for a few years. She almost pulled a Ben Curtis.

She knew she was a nobody when you saw the blank white hat and the shirt sponsor of LPGA Gear. I was rooting for her if for no other reason than her caddie seemed awesome. Super positive, calm caddies are the best.

This is Tiger's week, folks. Get ready for it. Masters week is the best week of the year and here he is as the betting favorite. Wowed crowds today with his eagle on two and tomorrow he and Phil are teeing it up. Something special is coming.

poulter's dumb roar after tapping in was a little over the top

He's an asshole and stupid, but it's hard to fault a guy for being animated after making the Master's field at the last possible tournament by winning in a playoff. Oh and by the way, he hadn't won in 6 years.

Where's the Master's contest thread? I'm the defending champion of the Majors contest last year. I'm open for suggestions as to what to serve at the champions dinner, but I'm leaning toward tube steak and Ruffles right now.

This is Tiger's week, folks. Get ready for it. Masters week is the best week of the year and here he is as the betting favorite. Wowed crowds today with his eagle on two and tomorrow he and Phil are teeing it up. Something special is coming.

Nah. It will be his week because they will show every shot he hits, but he won't be in contention.

This guy is really good. Hillarious.

That was great. Good find Damo.

God, I love this week. And this year almost all the top players are in good form. Was watching some of Live From last night, and they had a segment on 13 that was interesting. To me, 13 has always been the most interesting hole on the course - hanging lie for your approach if you're in the fairway, what to do if you're in the pine straw (what Phil did that 1 year was insane), creek right of the green, chipping from behind can make pros look silly and 2 putting isn't a given. And now they're talking about lengthening it again so Bubba can't do Bubba driver gap wedge things. Seems like 13 and 15 are always important in terms of the outcome. Though Curtis Strange would probably like to forget those 2 holes.

Last edited:
He's an asshole and stupid, but it's hard to fault a guy for being animated after making the Master's field at the last possible tournament by winning in a playoff. Oh and by the way, he hadn't won in 6 years.

i get being amped, but the roar after watching Hossler waddle back and forth for 15 min was a little tacky

That was great. Good find Damo.

God, I love this week. And this year almost all the top players are in good form. Was watching some of Live From last night, and they had a segment on 13 that was interesting. To me, 13 has always been the most interesting hole on the course - hanging lie for your approach if you're in the fairway, what to do if you're in the pine straw (what Phil did that 1 year was insane), creek right of the green, chipping from behind can make pros look silly and 2 putting isn't a given. And now they're talking about lengthening it again so Bubba can't do Bubba driver gap wedge things. Seems like 13 and 15 are always important in terms of the outcome. Though Curtis Strange would probably like to forget those 2 holes.

I watched 'Live from' for a couple of hours last night. It was much more interesting than the basketball game.

Bill finished -9, currently in tie for 8th.

Webb still playing-10 on 17, currently T6.

Webb finished T5 and Bill T7.
2 top 10's for Wake guys. Good tournament.

I was just glad it was anyone but Poulter - good for Kodaira, though I have never heard of him before. Always enjoy Harbourtown.

Next up is San Antonio (the most interesting Texas course visually), a new LA stop for the women and Morocco. They were playing the Hassan II at a cool looking I think RTJ layout at a palace in Agadir, but they move it to I think Rabat to a thoroughly uninteresting course the last couple of years.

Kodiara and Haas played in the same group. They were tied heading into the back nine, and then Haas bogeyed 10 and doubled 11 (he did rebound to card two more birdies in bad conditions). Haas's first top 10 in 2018. Hope he strings a few good tourney's together (he is outside the top 100 in the Fed Ex standings right now).

As for the next WF golfer on the tour, haven't heard from Will Zalatoris since he received two sponsor exemptions early in the season. Other than US Open qualifying not sure what Zalatoris is up to right now.

Watching the Wells Fargo, just heard that Jason Day has made 100% of his putts from five feet and in on the season. The SEASON! He hasn’t missed a five footer all year.

I’m headed out there tomorrow morning. Gonna get wasted and yell stuff.

Back