• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

^^^^^^

Indeed, had the rib injury and then a weird sternum issue (wasn't a bone contusion but maybe a tendon to muscle where the pec meets the bone?) that set him back as well. Unfortunately for Sneds, what makes him a great putter (short pop-stroke tempo) is also what generally makes him an erratic driver. If he could slow that transition down a bit with a longer back-swing, he might keep it in the short-grass enough to win a major. Thinking the "old man" run at the Claret Jug in his 39-41 years might be his best bet.

The putting stroke is usually a reflection of the full swing. I’ve tried to emulate Sned’s quick back quick through “pop” putting stroke (so efficient) but have never been able to develop a feel for it. The British or the Masters are probably his two best majors chances.

How about Webb with a closing round 62 today.
Unfortunately, he bogied the 18th, but still pretty darn strong.

I only saw Simpson’s tee shot on 18. It looked to be out of bounds right and he then hit a provisional way left in trouble. So I assume if he made bogey he had to find the first in bounds?

I only saw Simpson’s tee shot on 18. It looked to be out of bounds right and he then hit a provisional way left in trouble. So I assume if he made bogey he had to find the first in bounds?

Yeah. Laid up sideways then hit it to about 50 feet from 147 yards out

Brandt Snedeker with wire to wire win. Doesn't happen often on the PGA tour.

Last edited:
Ed Hardin's column today:
Sedgefield Country Club was a golf course resurrected from near death in April, but it was transformed into a pristine challenge for some of the best golfers in the world playing the last tournament of the regular season.

I assume the "near death" comment refers to the course condtion and not some internal issues at the club; what's the story?

Sedgefield Country Club was a golf course resurrected from near death in April, but it was transformed into a pristine challenge for some of the best golfers in the world playing the last tournament of the regular season.

I assume the "near death" comment refers to the course condtion and not some internal issues at the club; what's the story?

they lost their greens. i've been spending a ton of time in that neighborhood & the amount of work they pulled off to get the course (and specifically the greens) in that shape was truly incredible.

These statements also seem to be a bit inaccurate. This was a weak field where -21 under won the tourney and the course gave up a 59. Calling it a challenge is a bit of hyperbole.

28lN.gif

These statements also seem to be a bit inaccurate. This was a weak field where -21 under won the tourney and the course gave up a 59. Calling it a challenge is a bit of hyperbole.

I'm assuming you've never played the course before with that assessment? It is a very challenging course when set up under tour conditions. Sure, it is not as long as some of the tracks the USGA or PGA like to offer up for their majors, but it is plenty tough. Just because someone shoots a 59 or is 20 shots under par for the week doesn't mean the course isn't tough. It just means these guys play a different game from the rest of us.

I'm assuming you've never played the course before with that assessment? It is a very challenging course when set up under tour conditions. Sure, it is not as long as some of the tracks the USGA or PGA like to offer up for their majors, but it is plenty tough. Just because someone shoots a 59 or is 20 shots under par for the week doesn't mean the course isn't tough. It just means these guys play a different game from the rest of us.

Read my post again. I said it wasn't a challenge for the best golfers in the world (which was true). Of course it would be more difficult for me or an average golfer. One of the weakest fields of the year ate it up. The best golfers in the world weren't even there.

Read my post again. I said it wasn't a challenge for the best golfers in the world (which was true). Of course it would be more difficult for me or an average golfer. One of the weakest fields of the year ate it up. The best golfers in the world weren't even there.

By all means, if you want to exclude Webb Simpson, Brandt Snedeker, Hideki Matsuyama, Sergio Garcia, Henrik Stenson and the likes from your list of the "best golfers in the world", go right ahead. Guess it is a pretty exclusive list. I tend to side with Ed Hardin on this one.

Back