• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Tiger has rushed back before he was ready in the past. If he is smart he won't play at all this spring, including at Oakmont. But he hasn't always been smart about these decisions.

If he was smart he would retire, take a few years off counting money, and meet the field back on the senior tour. Painful to watch one of the greatest wilt away. Jack and Arnie each won a few tournaments late in their career, not sure Tiger will win another tournament. Eight wins in the last six years, 5 in 2013 (player of the year) and 3 in 2012, but only one top ten last year and 4 top 25 in the past two years. Been a lot of young talent introduced to the field during his time off.

If he was smart he would retire, take a few years off counting money, and meet the field back on the senior tour. Painful to watch one of the greatest wilt away. Jack and Arnie each won a few tournaments late in their career, not sure Tiger will win another tournament. Eight wins in the last six years, 5 in 2013 (player of the year) and 3 in 2012, but only one top ten last year and 4 top 25 in the past two years. Been a lot of young talent introduced to the field during his time off.

I would be shocked if he ever played on the Champions. And designing golf courses isn't going to satisfy him. He's only 40 years old and with luck has that many years ahead of him. Maybe he'll find something to make him happy.

I would be shocked if he ever played on the Champions. And designing golf courses isn't going to satisfy him. He's only 40 years old and with luck has that many years ahead of him. Maybe he'll find something to make him happy.

From everything I've read, being a father makes him happy. And that's enough for a lot of people.

Agreed. I wish Tiger the best. What he did for the sport of golf is amazing. You could either love him or love to cheer against him, but there is no debate, the guy was the PGA tour for nearly two decades.

just finished reading Slaying the Tiger by Shane Ryan. I highly recommend this if you are a golf fan.

I didnt realize that when Webb got picked by Tom Watson for the 2014 Ryder cup, Webb almost certainly knew that Watson was going to pick Bill Haas as a captain's choice. He then repportedly began lobbying Watson to get selected.

just finished reading Slaying the Tiger by Shane Ryan. I highly recommend this if you are a golf fan.

I didnt realize that when Webb got picked by Tom Watson for the 2014 Ryder cup, Webb almost certainly knew that Watson was going to pick Bill Haas as a captain's choice. He then repportedly began lobbying Watson to get selected.

Yeah, Webb definitely sunk a fellow Deac.

At the same time, I think Watson wanted another good putter.

Just checked to see if they posted the pairings and don't see Johnson as a listed competitor anymore. Sucks if he dropped out but don't see anything that confirms that.

Just checked to see if they posted the pairings and don't see Johnson as a listed competitor anymore. Sucks if he dropped out but don't see anything that confirms that.

I just saw a picture of him riding around on a boat with Paulina, so he may be taking the week off to bone his hot girlfriend.

Can't wait until next year's Wells Fargo. Will be interesting to see how they handle traffic/parking.

I'm sure it will be totally fucked up as traffic in Wilmington is a total shitshow every day of the year.

Can't wait until next year's Wells Fargo. Will be interesting to see how they handle traffic/parking.

Have heard it will be more challenging than it was getting people in/out to The Ocean Course for the PGA Championship was in 2012, does that sound right? I'm hoping they sell fewer tickets since it is not a major championship, but looking forward to checking out Eagle Point during next year's event, have heard great things about that course.

Have heard it will be more challenging than it was getting people in/out to The Ocean Course for the PGA Championship was in 2012, does that sound right? I'm hoping they sell fewer tickets since it is not a major championship, but looking forward to checking out Eagle Point during next year's event, have heard great things about that course.

Kiawah was plenty challenging. Especially on Saturday when it rained and everyone tried to leave at the same time.

They're going to have to bus everyone in from somewhere. There's probably an abandoned field on 17 north of Wilmington somewhere they can use for parking. They may be able to do some sort of ferry service as well since it is right across the street from the intercoastal (think there may be an empty lot with a dock). Should be interesting to see how they make it work but I don't see a way it's not a pretty big cluster.

Would think they are going to have to limit tickets some as I can't imagine the course can hold that many spectators. It's all pretty compact, though you don't feel like you're playing each hole right next to each other when you're out there.

I've played there a couple times a few years ago. Condition is top notch and if the wind starts blowing it can be tough. 18 is a par 5 that plays straight back out to the intercoastal. Usually plays into the wind which can make it a very tough approach shot to judge since getting there in two is not likely into the wind (think 100 yard shot straight into 20mph winds off the water with a lake short of the green). Overall the course is awesome to play (with how exclusive it is and the top notch condition) but is maybe a little overrated as far as the layout goes and for being so close to the water you wouldn't know you are there (other than the wind and playing 10th hole and walking to 11). Certainly will have some great aerial views from the blimp of the course and area.

Back