• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Dunno about Hendley. But of the majors, there haven't been many journeymen who have won the US Open, compared to say the Open or PGA. In the last 30-40 years, only Glover, Ogilvy and Steve Jones come to mind.

Dunno about Hendley. But of the majors, there haven't been many journeymen who have won the US Open, compared to say the Open or PGA. In the last 30-40 years, only Glover, Ogilvy and Steve Jones come to mind.

Who was the dude from NZ? Campbell? I believe he won at Pinehurst.

Zalatoris is +2 through 5 in the Byron Nelson. He's missed a 5 footer for birdie and a 2 footer for par.

Forgot about Campbell. How could I do that? He won it at #2 besting some big names. And he did the haka on the practice green before the tournament. Think he was half Maori. He played mostly on the Euro tour and had a handful of wins there but didn't do much over here. Had that 1 really good year when he won the US Open and some other good major finishes. Kinda like Danny Willett in that 1-2 year flash in the pan way.

Will Z is 1 under through 12 holes now. He's already given up almost a stroke to the field in putting.

Don't think Ogilvy belongs with other two. In addition to the US Open, he has won 3 WGCs and finished in top 15 on money list 4 years in a row. He had a really stretch there.

Another amazing young player in Aaron Wise. There is more incredible young talent on tour than maybe ever.

Agreed. Had to sit out a lengthy rain delay and only hit 2-3 iffy shots all day.

Liked the course too. No trees with a links style layout. Played tough when it was hard, fast and windy, but then gave up a lot of birdies yesterday when it was softened up. Definitely an upgrade over the old Dallas course in terms of the viewing experience. My new favorite Texas PGA stop over San Antonio and ACC.

Agreed. Had to sit out a lengthy rain delay and only hit 2-3 iffy shots all day.

Liked the course too. No trees with a links style layout. Played tough when it was hard, fast and windy, but then gave up a lot of birdies yesterday when it was softened up. Definitely an upgrade over the old Dallas course in terms of the viewing experience. My new favorite Texas PGA stop over San Antonio and ACC.

The course was great - like nothing I've seen in this part of the country. Las Colinas is a pretty generic resort course, in my opinion. Trinity Forest is a major upgrade. The only problem was the weather. It was 97 degrees and muggy when I was there Thursday afternoon. But as long as the Nelson and Colonial stay in May, there will be a decent chance of bad weather. Fortunately, that might change next year.

It reminded me a bit of Pinehurst #2 in that it was basically fairways and waste areas with crap, and some of the greens were table toppy with back, front and side runoffs. I've never been a fan of the Texas courses they've played on the tour. The newer San Antonio addition was an upgrade, and ACC is interesting for the match play format - would probably be too short for a regular tournament. Crenshaw and Coore really know what they're doing. I was visiting a golf buddie a couple of weeks ago in Austin. We almost played Barton Creek - definitely want to play that now.

Was watching Rory tearing it up at Wentworth this a.m. While he's no longer #1 in the world, when he's on and putting well, he can still lap the field.

The course was great - like nothing I've seen in this part of the country. Las Colinas is a pretty generic resort course, in my opinion. Trinity Forest is a major upgrade. The only problem was the weather. It was 97 degrees and muggy when I was there Thursday afternoon. But as long as the Nelson and Colonial stay in May, there will be a decent chance of bad weather. Fortunately, that might change next year.

All I know about Las Colinas is that it was a great party in the 1980’s. It was the only tour event that I have ever attended that didn’t serve alcohol on the course, but they made up for it in the pavilion area (not on the course). As soon as the last ball went in the hole on 18, the band would start. I believe the Salesmanship Club Band usually started with Whiskey River. I think I attended about 3 years in a row without seeing a golf ball. It didn’t help that the Mavericks were usually playing in the NBA playoffs and televised in the pavilion area during the tournament. I can’t tell you anything about the course. Loved me some Byron Nelson golf.

Tiger went 5 under on the front 9 while missing 4 putts from around 10-15 feet. His driving and iron play is amazing at the moment.

Due to potential rain, today's final round moved up and has started already.

Definitely rooting for Cantlay to lose based solely on how unbelievably slow he plays.

Back