• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Looks like Muirfield just took itself off the Open rota.

Speaking of the Open rota, 2 courses I'd love to see added are Royal Portrush and Royal County Down - both visually stunning courses. And RCD was brutally tough for the Irish Open last year. I think I remember reading that 1 of those is likely to get the Open in the next 5-6 years.

Looks like Muirfield just took itself off the Open rota.

Speaking of the Open rota, 2 courses I'd love to see added are Royal Portrush and Royal County Down - both visually stunning courses. And RCD was brutally tough for the Irish Open last year. I think I remember reading that 1 of those is likely to get the Open in the next 5-6 years.

Reminds me of when Cypress Point told he PGA to fuck off 25 or so years ago. I wonder if they've integrated their membership since then. They can't be a 100% OWG club in 2016. I would love to see Cypress back in the rotation for the AT&T.

I doubt the members are losing any sleep over it. It's a very different tournament than what it was back then.

I doubt the members are losing any sleep over it. It's a very different tournament than what it was back then.

Yeah, 1 of the Scottish reporters this morning was saying there are a lot of older club members, and it's a different dynamic than it is over here. He was saying there it was more of a drinking club with a golf course attached to it. And I'm fine with 1 or 2 of the current courses leaving the rota as long as they bring some new good ones into the mix. As I said, Portrush and RCD are more visually interesting than anything they have now, save for maybe Turnberry. And Turnberry may have problems of its own staying in the rota due to ownership issues.

I saw in Bob Harig's column thatTiger said one reason he hasn't played as much as he needs to is that Medalist is too crowded. That's almost as funny as his glutes not firing.

Yeah, 1 of the Scottish reporters this morning was saying there are a lot of older club members, and it's a different dynamic than it is over here. He was saying there it was more of a drinking club with a golf course attached to it. And I'm fine with 1 or 2 of the current courses leaving the rota as long as they bring some new good ones into the mix. As I said, Portrush and RCD are more visually interesting than anything they have now, save for maybe Turnberry. And Turnberry may have problems of its own staying in the rota due to ownership issues.

Apparently the only reason they play 18 holes after lunch is to burn off the alcohol before going home. And they mandate alternate shot in the afternoon to get people around quicker. I just booked 8 people going over there to play next summer. I'm stoked.

Kyle Reifers with a 65 today, following his 68 yesterday. -7 overall and 4 shots back.
Go Kyle.

Will Z had a 74-71 and missed the cut by a mile

Was watching some of the Irish Open this a.m. I like the K Course just fine, but it still doesn't match Ballybunyon, Portrush or RCD.

Kyle Reifers with a 65 today, following his 68 yesterday. -7 overall and 4 shots back.
Go Kyle.

Will Z had a 74-71 and missed the cut by a mile

Good start today for Kyke. -2 after 5 holes and now -9 overall and tied for 7th place.

Reifers with his second straight 65 to get to 12 under, currently three back of the leader on the course. Unless one of the four guys ahead of him runs and hides tomorrow, he'll have a chance. Looks like he'll play with Kuch.

Apparently the only reason they play 18 holes after lunch is to burn off the alcohol before going home. And they mandate alternate shot in the afternoon to get people around quicker. I just booked 8 people going over there to play next summer. I'm stoked.

Next summer is about as far out as you need to go to get a time at Muirfield. I've gone to Scotland with other club members three times and we only managed to get on Muirfield once.

Next summer is about as far out as you need to go to get a time at Muirfield. I've gone to Scotland with other club members three times and we only managed to get on Muirfield once.

we booked it April 1 for a July 2017 trip. It was the first day the public slots opened. Staying in North Berwick for 3 days and then a week in St. Andrews.

Back