• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Russell Henley is currently 165 (behind Haas who is at 156). Henley is currently tied for 3rd, and if finished in that spot, he would move up to 120. So, a top 3 or top 4 would do it for Haas as well. That said, a big ask.

Very hard to make up ground this late in the year. Haas is T7 and if he finishes this way he will move up 21 spots in Fed Ex ranking. I think he was 158 ish, so he still would be well outside the top 125 with a T7. Realistically he probably needs two top 10 finishes or a win to make the top 125, it appears to me.

Pretty much. Problem is the two remaining events are opposite-field events, which offer fewer points. So, he really needs a strong finish this week followed by good efforts over the next two weeks.

Solid second round for Bill as he shoots 3-under and currently stands T6. If he finishes where he sits now, he would move up to 130 in the FedEx Cup standings. He has 3 tournaments left to earn his status (top-125 or better) for next year: this week, then two second-tier events (Barbasol and Barracuda) over the next 2 weeks. After that, the playoffs start, and if he does not get into the top-125, his season is over. If he finishes 125-150, he would earn conditional status again like this year.

Is the Wyndham/Greensboro no longer the last event before the FedEx? That was a big reason that Greensboro got a decent field every year.

Is the Wyndham/Greensboro no longer the last event before the FedEx? That was a big reason that Greensboro got a decent field every year.

Yeah, not sure why he left that one off. It is still the last event this year before the FedEx Cup playoffs start, and Haas would almost certainly enter it and have a good shot at getting in the field with a bunch of the big names sitting it out, even though he is playing out of category 32 status on tour for the rest of the year.

Bill is -5 thru 14 holes today and is just one shot off the lead.
Having a great round so far.

Big day for both Bill and Kupcho tomorrow. Bill is 1 off the lead, and Kupcho is currently tied for 4th. With the Scottish leading the way tomorrow followed by some Wake rooting interest, a lot of golf to watch.

Big day for both Bill and Kupcho tomorrow. Bill is 1 off the lead, and Kupcho is currently tied for 4th. With the Scottish leading the way tomorrow followed by some Wake rooting interest, a lot of golf to watch.

Kupcho getting a lot of love on the broadcast this afternoon.

Has he already used his yearly exemption as a past FedEx champion? I can't remember. Good to see him playing well.

Is that an exemption? I know there are rankings for winning events on tour (in order of career money list) He still has a special exemption for one year which he can use for being a top 50 all time earner on tour.

Kupcho getting a lot of love on the broadcast this afternoon.

TGC is desperate for a great American player. Lexi has the tools and toys with being great but her wedge game sucks, and I'm starting to question what kind of head and mental make-up she has. Stacy Lewis is waning, and both she and Pillar took a year off to have kids. Nelly Korda could become really good. Danielle Kang has the personality and looks to be a star, but she's only won a couple times. Wie could be done and makes Snedeker and Day look healthy by comparison. Both Kupcho and Fassi were great in marketing the college and amateur games, and you better bet they're going to get a ton of coverage any time either sniffs the lead for the next couple years. And they're playing together in next week's team event, so they'll be on TV a bunch. TGC so wants Kupcho to become the next Stacy Lewis and Fassi to become the next Ochoa.

Jay Haas 7th in Senior Players Championship

Correct, my mistake!

Is there a place to view which players have verbally committed to the Wyndham so far? I can't find anything on pga.com.
With the $10,000,000 prize going to the top 10, I would think we would get a better field.

Back