• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

I think he carried a membership at Carolina Golf Club for While as well.

Yeah, I think so. Fred Couples was too. Honorary memberships. They also had Goggin, Kokrak, and de Jonge. Those guys like Charlotte without necessarily having ties here because of the airport and the climate. Carolina also has good practice facilities.

I think he carried a membership at Carolina Golf Club for While as well.

I definitely warmed up next to him on the range at Carolina GC on Masters Saturday in 2011....I'm guessing that was one of the last majors he didn't play in since he won at Olympic Club the following season.

I don’t feel like you can complain about “old white golf guys” when your name is Brooks.

Justin Leonard is a walking euphemism.

Azinger is at least as bad. I want Johnny back.

Pretty good bounce back year for Rory - 3 wins including the tour championship and the Players. His putting has improved significantly, and he's still the best driver in the universe. Still could be a better wedge player and isn't the best chipper, but it's nice to see him back.

Pretty good bounce back year for Rory - 3 wins including the tour championship and the Players. His putting has improved significantly, and he's still the best driver in the universe. Still could be a better wedge player and isn't the best chipper, but it's nice to see him back.

Yesterday was particularly impressive for Rory as he was paired with Keopka and beat him straight up. That said, 0 majors again. Rory has been stuck on 4 for four years.

Me too. I like Zinger, good dude, came back from cancer, but Miller was a lot better. I'd rather have a beer with Zinger, but I'd rather hear Johnny Miller in the broadcast booth.

Yesterday was particularly impressive for Rory as he was paired with Keopka and beat him straight up. That said, 0 majors again. Rory has been stuck on 4 for four years.

If Rory will commit himself in the offseason to improving his wedge play and being a more consistent putter, then I would expect him to get at least another major next year. He and Brooks have established themselves as 1A and 1B in the game right now

If Rory will commit himself in the offseason to improving his wedge play and being a more consistent putter, then I would expect him to get at least another major next year. He and Brooks have established themselves as 1A and 1B in the game right now

I think he's putted much better this year than he has the last few years. But yeah, his wedge play needs improvement. The only pro golfer who misses more greens with a wedge in their hands is Lexi Thompson.

I think he's putted much better this year than he has the last few years. But yeah, his wedge play needs improvement. The only pro golfer who misses more greens with a wedge in their hands is Lexi Thompson.

He has putted much better, just needs to keep it going. I'm a big Lexi fan, but her swing is just not going to produce good wedge play. Too steep and too much body movement. At times she will look great, but she will never be consistent week in and week out.

He has putted much better, just needs to keep it going. I'm a big Lexi fan, but her swing is just not going to produce good wedge play. Too steep and too much body movement. At times she will look great, but she will never be consistent week in and week out.

You mean no other pro golfer ever finishes on tippy toes on their follow through with their wedge shots? It's either stubbornness or she's not that bright, or a combination of both.

For Rory, he had some injuries 2-3 years ago and then he got married last year. Life happens even to pro athletes. I think he rededicated himself this past offseason and this season, and the results have been good.

You mean no other pro golfer ever finishes on tippy toes on their follow through with their wedge shots? It's either stubbornness or she's not that bright, or a combination of both.

For Rory, he had some injuries 2-3 years ago and then he got married last year. Life happens even to pro athletes. I think he rededicated himself this past offseason and this season, and the results have been good.

Also, he decided to play more on the PGA Tour (probably because of the purses), and that decision obviously paid off as well.

After getting back from golfing and before football yesterday, I watched some of Danny Willett winning by a few over Rahm at Wentworth yesterday. After some injuries, kids, disappearing and being ranked in the 400s, he's won at Dubai and Wentworth in the last year and is now back in the top 50. And if you're looking for something to watch this weekend before football starts, they're playing St. Andrews, Carnoustie and Kingsbarns this week for some scenic viewing.

Back