Page 13 of 230 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182363113 ... LastLast

Thread: PGA Tour 2021 Thread

Primary OGB Benefactor

Primary OGB Benefactor

Junior2016!!!!88!!1!!!!

PGA Tour 2016 Thread

Ricky Barnes crumble Hoffman for the win. Hoffman has been playing top notch golf for a while now. Playoff with Reed would have been interesting if Hoffman didn't hole that last clutch putt. At QH several years ago Ricky Barnes was sporting a "69" belt buckle which I thought was classy. He was a big dude back then, looks a little smaller these days but could just be TV.

Quote Originally Posted by RubbinsRacin View Post
    Ricky Barnes crumble Hoffman for the win. Hoffman has been playing top notch golf for a while now. Playoff with Reed would have been interesting if Hoffman didn't hole that last clutch putt. At QH several years ago Ricky Barnes was sporting a "69" belt buckle which I thought was classy. He was a big dude back then, looks a little smaller these days but could just be TV.
    Not sure how big he is, but isn't Barnes 1 of the very shortest drivers on tour? And yes, Hoffman has been playing the best golf of his career the last year plus.

On a side note, also a very nice weekend for the Pillars. Think they both had top 5s. I forget which, but 1 of the broadcasts said she is only 20-25 yards short of her husband off the tee, which doesn't bode well for his PGA future. And while she's not 1 of the established stars in the sport, she's quietly becoming 1 of the best US players - and hit an incredibly clutch putt to win the Solheim Cup last year.

Charley had a solid few weeks before his win, clutch putt on 18

Reed almost did it. He's got some brass ones.

Quote Originally Posted by DeaconBrews View Post
    Charley had a solid few weeks before his win, clutch putt on 18

Reed almost did it. He's got some brass ones.
    Pretty nice birdie on the last hole from the spot he hit his second shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttermaker View Post
    Pretty nice birdie on the last hole from the spot he hit his second shot.
    The second shot, barely crossing the water hazard, then opting to chip on the third shot.

Anyone going to the Wells Fargo next week? Speculation is Tiger might be making his first start back, which would be awesome so the crowds would all flock to him which means I can watch DJ bomb it all over the place unimpeded.

Primary OGB Benefactor
    Quote Originally Posted by CDeacMan View Post
    Anyone going to the Wells Fargo next week? Speculation is Tiger might be making his first start back, which would be awesome so the crowds would all flock to him which means I can watch DJ bomb it all over the place unimpeded.
    Unless they're playing together.

Ugh I hope they wouldn't do that

You a DJ guy?

Quote Originally Posted by cville deac View Post
    Not sure how big he is, but isn't Barnes 1 of the very shortest drivers on tour? And yes, Hoffman has been playing the best golf of his career the last year plus.

On a side note, also a very nice weekend for the Pillars. Think they both had top 5s. I forget which, but 1 of the broadcasts said she is only 20-25 yards short of her husband off the tee, which doesn't bode well for his PGA future. And while she's not 1 of the established stars in the sport, she's quietly becoming 1 of the best US players - and hit an incredibly clutch putt to win the Solheim Cup last year.
    Many of the ladies can hit the ball out of their shadow now. Gerina Piller averages 271 yards off the tee. By comparison, Phil Mickelson is averaging 296 this year. I think anyone who only hits it 20-25 yards longer than Gerina can compete on the PGA Tour.

Quote Originally Posted by DeaconBrews View Post
    You a DJ guy?
    Not necessarily but I go every year and have watched rounds from all the other major golfers who usually play the tournament but this is the first time I remember Johnson playing

Scott "Rufio" Feather DeacLaw05's Avatar
    I can't go until Saturday. Even if Tiger does play, he'll have missed the cut by then anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Many of the ladies can hit the ball out of their shadow now. Gerina Piller averages 271 yards off the tee. By comparison, Phil Mickelson is averaging 296 this year. I think anyone who only hits it 20-25 yards longer than Gerina can compete on the PGA Tour.
    I didn't realize Pillar was that long. That's getting close to Lexi/Ciganda territory.

Quote Originally Posted by DeacLaw05 View Post
    I can't go until Saturday. Even if Tiger does play, he'll have missed the cut by then anyway.
    He would be crazy to play at Quail Hollow. That course would eat him up right now.

Quote Originally Posted by simosfrostyone View Post
    He would be crazy to play at Quail Hollow. That course would eat him up right now.
    Forget the difficulty. He apparently played his first full 18 hole round yesterday. No way should he be walking all the practice and tournament rounds of a normal tournament yet. He needs to let his back completely heal.

Tiger has rushed back before he was ready in the past. If he is smart he won't play at all this spring, including at Oakmont. But he hasn't always been smart about these decisions.

Some solid players in NOLA this weekend. I think Justin Rose goes b2b