• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

NLU is great, Kostis interview getting a lot of coverage. Was pulling so hard against Reed yesterday, he's a scumbag.

Yeah, I settled in at 4:00 to watch the back nine, and the leaderboard was great going into the final round. Then as I turn it on, it was basically a 2 man match between the 2 guys I hate the most in the game. I found myself rooting harder against DeChambeau than Reed once I had to make a decision between the 2. Ugh. Ugly to watch JT implode like that, and as good as Rory has been over the last year, he still has days where he's a complete mess on the greens. I found myself watching more of the Laker/Celtic game after a while.

Yeah, I settled in at 4:00 to watch the back nine, and the leaderboard was great going into the final round. Then as I turn it on, it was basically a 2 man match between the 2 guys I hate the most in the game. I found myself rooting harder against DeChambeau than Reed once I had to make a decision between the 2. Ugh. Ugly to watch JT implode like that, and as good as Rory has been over the last year, he still has days where he's a complete mess on the greens. I found myself watching more of the Laker/Celtic game after a while.

Same here, which is odd because I don't like Reed. But I don't like DeChambeau either - his robotic ways and slow play of course. Notice how he stood on the wrong side of the tee box on 16, I think, and Rory had to tell him to move out of his line of sight? Unintentional, I'm sure, but he's just in his own deliberate world.

I loved Kostis’ comments about his working the 2010 British Open when Paul Casey, one of the players he works with, was in contention, “....the British Open, sorry The Open, whatever...pompous.”

Yeah, he pulls no punches in that interview. The Patrick Reed lie improvement discussion was interesting as well.

Huge news for Baltimore/Mid-Atlantic PGA Tour fans. The BMW will be played at Caves Valley in the Baltimore suburbs in 2021. This is a FedEx event.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...will-host-the-bmw-championship-next-year/amp/

MidAtlantic hasn’t had a tourney since Tiger’s event left Congo and Avenel. Baltimore hasn’t had a PGA event for 60 years. The crowds and atmosphere should be amazing. There are tons of local golf fans and this is a destination event. Pretty exciting to see the PGA tour return.

Yeah, the Preakness is such a classy event. I’m sure it’ll be great.

Huge news for Baltimore/Mid-Atlantic PGA Tour fans. The BMW will be played at Caves Valley in the Baltimore suburbs in 2021. This is a FedEx event.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...will-host-the-bmw-championship-next-year/amp/

MidAtlantic hasn’t had a tourney since Tiger’s event left Congo and Avenel. Baltimore hasn’t had a PGA event for 60 years. The crowds and atmosphere should be amazing. There are tons of local golf fans and this is a destination event. Pretty exciting to see the PGA tour return.

That's a cool course. I went to the LPGA Royal Crown there, and it's an interesting layout with a fair amount of elevation change. But I remember thinking it was a great layout for the women or seniors but may not be long enough for a PGA event - kinda like you wouldn't want to have a stroke event at the CC of Austin where they play the match play. If it's the weekend of a preseason Ravens game, that could make for a fun couple of days that would be worth the drive up.

Caves Valley is 7236 yards from the tips right now, which would put it in about the middle of PGA Tour courses. Also, there is room to extend a few holes if they want to take that step. FWIW, just a gorgeous course.

Only four players finished under par at Arnie’s event this week. Bay Hill was a beast.

Bay Hill is my favorite of the Florida courses outside of Sawgrass - not a big fan of the Nicklaus PGA course or Copperhead. It's a good layout, and when you throw in some wind and rock hard greens, it can be a bear. Now we have Sawgrass back where it belongs.

Even though he didn't win, Im has been an impressive golfer of late. Wouldn't be surprised if he's the 1st Korean guy to win a major.

Bay Hill is my favorite of the Florida courses outside of Sawgrass - not a big fan of the Nicklaus PGA course or Copperhead. It's a good layout, and when you throw in some wind and rock hard greens, it can be a bear. Now we have Sawgrass back where it belongs.

Even though he didn't win, Im has been an impressive golfer of late. Wouldn't be surprised if he's the 1st Korean guy to win a major.

Bet he isn’t.

695.gif

There have been a bunch of Korean golfers who’ve won majors.

A bunch? One. YE Yang. Unless you are referring to the litany of female Korean golfers who have dominated the LPGA since the days of Se Re Pak?

Well, we should tip our hats to "Tank" as well, KJ Choi for bagging the PLAYERS in 2011. I feel like it's just a matter of time before Hideki becomes the first Japanese player to bag a major. We shall see. And Sunjae Im is showing he can be the 2nd Korean to do so. Kid is a phenomenal ball-striker.

Forgot about YE. He was 1 of those Open/PGA winners from the 90s-00s who was otherwise pretty forgettable.

A bunch? One. YE Yang. Unless you are referring to the litany of female Korean golfers who have dominated the LPGA since the days of Se Re Pak?

Well, we should tip our hats to "Tank" as well, KJ Choi for bagging the PLAYERS in 2011. I feel like it's just a matter of time before Hideki becomes the first Japanese player to bag a major. We shall see. And Sunjae Im is showing he can be the 2nd Korean to do so. Kid is a phenomenal ball-striker.

When I said “a bunch” I was referring to the women. That’s why I said “a bunch”.

Back