• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

PGA has now announced no fans for the remainder of the season (the 2019-2020 season ends in September).

The ratings for PGA events have been killing it since the tour returned. Nice to be the only game in town.

I totally get the optics of no fans, but it appears the PGA has gone to extremes to block the view of homeowners who live adjacent to some of the holes.
These courses are open to its members before and after the tournaments; seems like there'd be a way to let those same members watch from designated, socially-distanced spots on the course, which would add to the t.v. viewing experience. Just a hundred or so fans on 18 yesterday would have been noticeable given the drama of the two long putts.

The ratings for PGA events have been killing it since the tour returned. Nice to be the only game in town.

Shame they couldn’t/didn’t show yesterday live. Was a great final round and pairing.

Ok Jim Nance

It's also not The Masters without a dulcet introduction of Hello, Friends.

On the plus side, we might get the annual Dan Patrick Show Jim Nantz sound-a-like competition in November and April!

CBS has already off-loaded most of its Sunday 1 pm NFL games to FOX during Masters Sunday. Of course, living in NYC, the Jets (who suck suck suck) are one of the few NFL games on CBS at 1 pm that weekend. Fuck that.

Hovland’s issue is just short game in general. He has led the last three tournaments in strokes gained tee to green (and is top 10 in both shots off the tee and approach shots) but is 151st and 158th on the year in strokes gained putting and strokes gained around the green. He isn’t in the top 120 in any distance in scrambling on the tour.

Who are you picking for the Memorial?

Here are the odds:

Bryson DeChambeau 9-1
Justin Thomas 11-1
Rory McIlroy 12-1
Patrick Cantlay 14-1
Dustin Johnson 16-1
Collin Morikawa 20-1
Viktor Hovland 22-1
Jon Rahm 22-1
Webb Simpson 22-1
Brooks Koepka 25-1
Tiger Woods 25-1
Hideki Matsuyama 25-1
Xander Schauffele 28-1

Kind of like Xander. Seems like he is close every week.

Here are the odds:

Bryson DeChambeau 9-1
Justin Thomas 11-1
Rory McIlroy 12-1
Patrick Cantlay 14-1
Dustin Johnson 16-1
Collin Morikawa 20-1
Viktor Hovland 22-1
Jon Rahm 22-1
Webb Simpson 22-1
Brooks Koepka 25-1
Tiger Woods 25-1
Hideki Matsuyama 25-1
Xander Schauffele 28-1

Hovland is my guess. He and Morikawa look like they are going to be a big part of the tour for years to come.

Hovland is my guess. He and Morikawa look like they are going to be a big part of the tour for years to come.

I'd bet on Hovland for a top-10 but I don't think he wins against this field the way the course is set up. They are bumping the green speeds up to 13.5 (Memorial) from 11 (Workday) on the stimp. They are also not going to cut the rough, so while Hovland will outpace the field in greens in regulation, his poor scrambling and putting will be exposed; much more than last week.

Here are the odds:

Bryson DeChambeau 9-1
Justin Thomas 11-1
Rory McIlroy 12-1
Patrick Cantlay 14-1
Dustin Johnson 16-1
Collin Morikawa 20-1
Viktor Hovland 22-1
Jon Rahm 22-1
Webb Simpson 22-1
Brooks Koepka 25-1
Tiger Woods 25-1
Hideki Matsuyama 25-1
Xander Schauffele 28-1

Field.

Gotta be pulling for my BOYS Tiger and Bryson today. Not the rest of those country club dweebs.... Looking at you JT and Speith.

Koepka also fucks.

Gotta be pulling for my BOYS Tiger and Bryson today. Not the rest of those country club dweebs.... Looking at you JT and Speith.

Koepka also fucks.

I don't think Koepka was a country club kid, but yes, he fucks a very attractive woman. And my recollection was that Speith was given golf privileges, or at least at a reduced fee, at a course because of his abilities, but he and his family weren't country club members. And wasn't JT's dad a golf pro or assistant pro somewhere? If so, that's a bit different from being a country club kid.

I don't think Koepka was a country club kid, but yes, he fucks a very attractive woman. And my recollection was that Speith was given golf privileges, or at least at a reduced fee, at a course because of his abilities, but he and his family weren't country club members. And wasn't JT's dad a golf pro or assistant pro somewhere? If so, that's a bit different from being a country club kid.

Koepka hates golf, but still crushes the game. My opinion on him has done a complete 180, he's the man.

just witnessed Phil's new putting method. What the hell? He pauses for a full second during his backstroke.

Correct - Spieth played at Brook Hollow but he wasn't a member. And he went to Jesuit on a scholarship.

Back