• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

The 3rd round group of Reed and Bryson was like what some expected to see in the opening round with the John Feinstein "prick pairing" theory.

At some point Koepka and Bryson need to be paired together. Hopefully at the Masters. While there are murmurs of Bryson's unpopularity among tour players, Kopeka (not surprisingly) has been the one who has gone public with his jabs.

At some point Koepka and Bryson need to be paired together. Hopefully at the Masters. While there are murmurs of Bryson's unpopularity among tour players, Kopeka (not surprisingly) has been the one who has gone public with his jabs.

Well except his tweet in response to DeChambeau saying he didn't have 6 pack abs. The tweet had a pic of his 2 US Open and 2 PGA trophies, and he said that Bryson was right - he was 2 short of a 6 pack.

Zalatoris with another good tournament this week. Looks like he’ll finish tied for 8th. Shot a 65 today. Very strong finish.

Zalatoris with another good tournament this week. Looks like he’ll finish tied for 8th. Shot a 65 today. Very strong finish.

I assume the top 10 gets him into the next PGA Tour event?

I assume the top 10 gets him into the next PGA Tour event?

Pretty sure this is true. He will be at Sanderson Farms. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong with the rest. He needs 288 FedEx points for Special Temporary Status. He currently sits at 185 with 103 to go and 7 sponsor exemptions remaining. It seems a foregone conclusion to that he will be a member of the PGA tour this year assuming he plays anywhere near as well as be has been playing.

Will be nice to have another Deac to pull for on Tour.

Zalatoris not listed as part of the field for the Sanderson Farms: https://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/sanderson-farms-championship/field.html

Could be that he elected to take a week off after playing the US Open at Wingfoot, then in the DR, and this week, the Sanderson Farms is being played in Mississippi. Doubt many players are/were entered in all three of those events.

After Miss, there are big events out West. I assume he will take this week off and then play all of those on exemptions in an effort to make the tour. Shriner's, CJ Cup and ZOZO are all bigger than Sanderson. Risky, but he must feel very good about where his game is right now.

Zalatoris not listed as part of the field for the Sanderson Farms: https://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/sanderson-farms-championship/field.html

Could be that he elected to take a week off after playing the US Open at Wingfoot, then in the DR, and this week, the Sanderson Farms is being played in Mississippi. Doubt many players are/were entered in all three of those events.

giphy.gif

Looks like he's in the updated field.

https://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/sanderson-farms-championship/field.html

Was it a Zalatoris story - the one about signing a check for 10% of the winner's purse and giving it to his caddie before the final round - then winning?

Pretty impressive the amount of respect Zalatoris is getting already. While not a stacked field, its a legit 156 player PGA field, and on my site, Zalatoris is the 4th favorite,ahead of a lot of solid PGA players like Sergio Garcia, Henrik Stenson, Corey Connors, Lucas Glover and Zach Johnson.

CC of Jackson is a ballstriker's course too. It is tree-lined and has an old-school parkland feel, yet without too much nuance. Keeping the ball out of the Bermuda rough, especially around the greens, will go a long way.

The better viewing this weekend is the Scottish at Renaissance with a good field. Today's conditions were brutal - cold, hard rain and windy. The next 2 weeks are at Wentworth and St. Andrew's.

Tony Finau tests positive for COVID and has withdrawn from the tournament in Vegas this week.

Back