Page 7 of 230 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757107 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 4596

Thread: PGA Tour 2021 Thread

  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by RubbinsRacin View Post
    Yeah I can see how he wants the guy with Augusta knowledge on the bag there, and I bet the other caddy is cool with it too.

    PGA golf is by far my favorite TV sport to watch these days.


    Same here. While it's great to see the big names go head-to- head on a Sunday, I'm also cool with a guy who is grinding for his first win in his early-20's or late 30's; both compelling in their own right. As long as the leader is no more than 2 shots up on 18 on Sunday I'm there.

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by DownEastDeac View Post
    [/B]

    Same here. While it's great to see the big names go head-to- head on a Sunday, I'm also cool with a guy who is grinding for his first win in his early-20's or late 30's; both compelling in their own right. As long as the leader is no more than 2 shots up on 18 on Sunday I'm there.
    I have to admit it's been surprisingly good in Tiger's absence. A lot of talent at the top right now

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by deacs1995 View Post
    whoever said the california courses were more interesting than the florida courses was absolutely correct
    No doubt. Other than (edit: a few holes at) Sawgrass, the FL courses all look the same on tv.
    Last edited by Buttermaker; 03-08-2016 at 11:34 AM.

  4. #124
    Boomer Boy Shorty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    GA's Gilded 6th
    Posts
    7,886
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttermaker View Post
    No doubt. Other than (edit: a few holes at) Sawgrass, the FL courses all look the same on tv.
    They are all the same.

  5. #125

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by DCDeac View Post


    Streamsong?
    Hole 7 on the blue course.

    That photo is amazing.

  7. #127
    Good to see Haas in the hunt. Simpson seems to be skipping a lot of tournaments and blew up today. Not sure what is going on with him.

  8. #128
    Junior2016!!!!88!!1!!!!
    RubbinsRacin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    609 Venezia Ave
    Posts
    12,716
    he gets nervous

  9. #129
    Junior2016!!!!88!!1!!!!
    RubbinsRacin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    609 Venezia Ave
    Posts
    12,716
    very surprised to hear speith say that Webb Simpson is his favorite dude to play a round with. I guess he just like to beat that ass, or maybe hear about an awesome city like CLT or something

  10. #130
    We have now been reduced to bitching over golf alumni threads.

    Folks. It's over. It's just fucking over.
    Oh Heavens Yes!

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by simosfrostyone View Post
    Good to see Haas in the hunt. Simpson seems to be skipping a lot of tournaments and blew up today. Not sure what is going on with him.
    He's near the bottom of the tour in putting stats since switching to the short putter. Statistically, his ball striking has never been better though.

  12. #132
    Unfortunately, his ball striking has never been his meal ticket.

  13. #133
    Junior2016!!!!88!!1!!!!
    RubbinsRacin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    609 Venezia Ave
    Posts
    12,716

    PGA Tour 2016 Thread

    Is speith one of the jeebus fellas like web Simpson? I didn't think so but maybe. Seems like there would be about 100 players on tour more fun to play a round with but who knows

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Karma View Post
    He's near the bottom of the tour in putting stats since switching to the short putter. Statistically, his ball striking has never been better though.
    Interesting. Meanwhile Adam Scott is killing it with the short putter despite switching back later. Of course, he used the broom a shorter period of time than Simpson.

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by RubbinsRacin View Post
    very surprised to hear speith say that Webb Simpson is his favorite dude to play a round with. I guess he just like to beat that ass, or maybe hear about an awesome city like CLT or something
    Say what you want about Simpson, but he certainly seems to have an outgoing personality. Unless you are offended by his somewhat over the top expressions of his faith, he probably would be a good guy with whom to play a round. Speith seems to have a similar personality.

  16. #136
    Junior2016!!!!88!!1!!!!
    RubbinsRacin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    609 Venezia Ave
    Posts
    12,716
    Yeah true. Probably a good dude. No worries. Doesn't seem like a go getter though.

  17. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttermaker View Post
    Interesting. Meanwhile Adam Scott is killing it with the short putter despite switching back later. Of course, he used the broom a shorter period of time than Simpson.
    I think the anchoring that Scott did, with a brookstick putter anchored on his sternum, is easier to switch away from than the belly anchored putting stroke. Just my $.02.

  18. #138
    Boomer Boy Shorty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    GA's Gilded 6th
    Posts
    7,886
    These greens have got to be significantly slower than typical PGA tournament greens. I'v never seen so many putts left short.

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    These greens have got to be significantly slower than typical PGA tournament greens. I'v never seen so many putts left short.
    I thought they said 8 or 9 on the Stimp. Very slow.

    Good round for Bill. Would be nice to see him step on some throats and finish one off to get a good head start on a Ryder Cup spot.

  20. #140
    Boomer Boy Shorty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    GA's Gilded 6th
    Posts
    7,886
    Bill struggling early.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •