• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Tiger could use some more consistency off the tee (duh) but absolutely rolling with the putter today.

The legend of DeShamblow grows, he just broke his driver shaft while leaning over to pick up his tee.

The DeShamBlow hype is getting ridiculous. This morning on PGA tour radio they kept talking about how he had to replace his "driver" and how incredible it was that was after having to go to a replacement driver in the bag he was actually hitting it almost 20 yards farther. No, he didn't break his "driver" he broke the shaft and he replaced it with an identical shaft. Also, the media keeps saying "he swung so hard he broke it." No, as DeShamBlow stated, he had used that shaft for a long time and hit no telling how many shots with it. It finally breaking had to do with long term use not that he stepped up and swung so mightily it just all of a sudden broke. I mean it's not really his fault, it's the typical media blowing everything out of proportion to point it's sickening. It's how they were when Tiger was at his best and he certainly earned the praise and hype, but they still took it to an annoying level. Maybe Bryson will hit it in the edge of the water and play a shot out of it and the media will say he swung so hard the water hazard all of sudden became a bunker.

I think he broke it by putting too much weight on it as he leaned down to pick up his tee.

I think he broke it by putting too much weight on it as he leaned down to pick up his tee.

Well yeah that was the final straw, but it came from repeated use. You can lean on a golf shaft pretty hard and it doesn't break, I'm he had also done that with picking up his tee hundreds of times with that shaft as well.

I doubt Brenden Todd wins this week, but what he's done is really incredible. To go from almost giving it up a few years ago to winning twice in the last 9 months or so and having a few other really good chances to win and now right there again at the PGA, really good stuff.

I love it, but I love any course with cypress lined fairways. I like Olympic and Lake Merced, which are nearby, as well.

Last fall I played California Golf Club which was amazing. Very similar feel. SF has some pretty sick private golf.

Last fall I played California Golf Club which was amazing. Very similar feel. SF has some pretty sick private golf.

Don't get me wrong - I like my muni, right course, right price. But I love watching the CA courses, other than the Palm Springs area, they play on the PGA and LPGA tours - Torrey, Aviara, Riviera, Wilshire, the Monterrey courses, Harding Park, Olympic and Lake Merced. We just don't get the same scenery on the east coast. I'd love to see a US Open at Spyglass, but I guess it's not spectator friendly enough

Dechambeau did a ridiculous amount of work today to card an even par round. 5 birdies and 5 bogeys.

There were an unbelievable number of short putts missed today by the world's best golfers. The greens are fast but they seem true. I think it reflected the stress that comes with a major. Week-end should be interesting.

I'd be up for Fairway Jesus winning a major. A lot of chalk behind Li - kinda interested in seeing how he weathers being in the lead. I've seen him pop up on some leaderboards the last few years, mostly on the Euro tour, but I think he's only had the 1 high finish in a major at the Open.

Justin Thomas is -5 through 7. 4 shots out of the lead.

I've been enjoying watching DeChamblow for the past few holes.

He’s recovered. Just 1 shot off the leaders now.
And 6 guys now tied for the lead at -10. Will somebody break away? Or a big playoff?

He’s recovered. Just 1 shot off the leaders now.
And 6 guys now tied for the lead at -10. Will somebody break away? Or a big playoff?

Morikawa just had a huge hole out to take the outright at -11. I'd love to see a big, wild playoff though.

Morikawa just had a huge hole out to take the outright at -11. I'd love to see a big, wild playoff though.

That was a great shot. Didn’t realize he went to Cal. He’s probably played this course a few times.
And he’s only 23. He’ll be a good one.

Back