• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Just turned on the WorkDay tournament. It’s obvious they have toned down the look of the course to contrast it with next week. Not saying it’s not in good shape, but for the Memorial tournament it always looks so pristine.

Examples? Why would the Memorial people agree to any setup or presentation not showing the course in a positive light? Greens reportedly slower and rough maybe 1/2 to 1 inch longer. What else is different?

Examples? Why would the Memorial people agree to any setup or presentation not showing the course in a positive light? Greens reportedly slower and rough maybe 1/2 to 1 inch longer. What else is different?

I'm not saying the course isn't in great shape, I just think you'll see more details next week, like mowing lines in the fairways and it will just dressed up a little more. Nothing wrong with this week, but Nicklaus's goal with the Memorial was to create an almost Augusta like feel and I think you'll just see more attention to detail visually next week. I don't this the Memorial Committee or "people" are involved this week, I this was done by the PGA tour.

They haven't had rain up there in almost 2 weeks, so I suspect maintenance is using a very light hand right now.

I'm not saying the course isn't in great shape, I just think you'll see more details next week, like mowing lines in the fairways and it will just dressed up a little more. Nothing wrong with this week, but Nicklaus's goal with the Memorial was to create an almost Augusta like feel and I think you'll just see more attention to detail visually next week. I don't this the Memorial Committee or "people" are involved this week, I this was done by the PGA tour.

My bad, I meant the Muirfield people, not Memorial people. I also meant rough is 1/2 - 1 inch shorter this week than next, according to the telecast.

My betting site hasn't taken down the JB vs Bubba matchup yet lol. So I just threw some on Bubba vs a ghost. Let's see what happens.

This CBS broadcast crew is just plain old. Nick and Dottie have got to go.

This CBS broadcast crew is just plain old. Nick and Dottie have got to go.

They already got rid of their best 2 old guys in Kostis and McCord, unfortunately. I don't mind Dottie, but Sir Nick is irritating and probably the most smug human being on the planet. In terms of personalities, I like the LPGA team the best with Gannon, Foltz, Abbott, Rankin and Stupples. I'd love it if Foltz got either Faldo's or Azinger's job.

Looking forward to tomorrow. I like the leaders so don't care who wins, unless it's Poulter, but he's probably too far back.

Early tee times tomorrow because of possible weather. Live at 9am on TGC, but CBS will be tape delayed at 3pm.

Been watching some old US Open’s on YouTube. Dave Marr was really good in the analyst chair back then.

I don't mind Dottie, but Sir Nick is irritating and probably the most smug human being on the planet.
Joe Buck says hi. Glad the US Open is going back to NBC.
Also, Trevor Immelman is so boring.

Joe Buck says hi. Glad the US Open is going back to NBC.
Also, Trevor Immelman is so boring.

Yeah, Fox was awful with Buck and Azinger. Now we still get Azinger on NBC but Hicks is fine. Agree on Immelman. And Marr was good back in the day. Was also fine with Curtis Strange as an analyst.

Yes, unless you live in Canada. Then all you have to do is turn on your TV.

Back