• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

How amazingly cool would it be for Sam Saunders to win the Canadian Open today?

Would have been cool. Oh well. As it was, I was cool with a playoff between Hoffman and Vegas - at least Poulter didn't make the playoff. What I found really interesting was that both Hoffman (on 17) and Vegas (on 18) were in fairway bunkers, hit the lips of their respective bunkers, yet still hit the greens. I don't recall ever seeing that happen before. I mean I've hit bunker lips and still had the ball go forward, but never close to reaching the green. By definition, hitting the lip has to take some of the energy out of a shot. So from a physics perspective, how did both those guys end up making it to the green? Anyway, cool for Vegas to repeat - seems like a good dude.

Was turning back and forth between that and the women's Scottish, which was on Dundonald, where the men had the Scottish 2 weeks previously, so I remembered some of the holes. I like when they do that, like when they did the US Open back to back at Pinehurst #2. This week should be cool for viewing - Firestone and Kingsbarns.

Would have been cool. Oh well. As it was, I was cool with a playoff between Hoffman and Vegas - at least Poulter didn't make the playoff. What I found really interesting was that both Hoffman (on 17) and Vegas (on 18) were in fairway bunkers, hit the lips of their respective bunkers, yet still hit the greens. I don't recall ever seeing that happen before. I mean I've hit bunker lips and still had the ball go forward, but never close to reaching the green. By definition, hitting the lip has to take some of the energy out of a shot. So from a physics perspective, how did both those guys end up making it to the green? Anyway, cool for Vegas to repeat - seems like a good dude.

Was turning back and forth between that and the women's Scottish, which was on Dundonald, where the men had the Scottish 2 weeks previously, so I remembered some of the holes. I like when they do that, like when they did the US Open back to back at Pinehurst #2. This week should be cool for viewing - Firestone and Kingsbarns.

Wasn't watching, but I assume they just skimmed the grass at the top of the lip? I've had that happen and reached the front of the green/fringe on a couple occasions. Kind of like when you only catch a leaf or two coming out of the woods.

Wasn't watching, but I assume they just skimmed the grass at the top of the lip? I've had that happen and reached the front of the green/fringe on a couple occasions. Kind of like when you only catch a leaf or two coming out of the woods.

I think Hoffman's shot on 17 clearly hit the grass just above the lip. Couldn't tell with Vegas' shot on 18. But Vegas is so damn strong. Judy Rankin said Vegas would have to just splash out when she looked at it.

I think Hoffman's shot on 17 clearly hit the grass just above the lip. Couldn't tell with Vegas' shot on 18. But Vegas is so damn strong. Judy Rankin said Vegas would have to just splash out when she looked at it.

Both caught the grass above the lip, but still. I couldn't believe he went for the green either, especially considering the water in front of the green. Tigerswood, no it looked like both Vegas and Hoffman caught grass just above the lip pretty hard. I get that it likely propelled both balls higher in the air, but I don't get both reaching the green. But enjoyed Hoffman's quite sheepish smile after he saw it reach the green.

The way the lip was contoured, the announcers said Vegas' shot hit it and traveled in a higher trajectory.

The way the lip was contoured, the announcers said Vegas' shot hit it and traveled in a higher trajectory.

Yes, and it immediately changes the shot from backspin to overspin or forward spin, or at the very least changes it to a knuckle ball.

That is very sad. Feherty seems like a guy with a big heart. Feel so bad for him and his family.

Watched a couple hours this a.m. of the Women's British at Kingsbarns. Though Kingsbarns is 1 of the 3 they play the Dunhill on, they don't show much, if any, action there because they're mostly showing St. Andrews with a little Carnoustie. Really loved the look of it and would rank it up there with Castle Stuart and Turnberry in terms of beauty, though it tends to play the easiest of the 3 for the Dunhill. And the scores are low because it's warm, and the winds are down. Nice to see Wie doing well - she was in the lead at -8, and there are some other American flags on the scoreboard. And my favorite eye candy, Mel Reid, was 2nd at -5. But sadly, this is the last of 5 straight weeks on Irish and Scottish links courses on TV.

Watched a couple hours this a.m. of the Women's British at Kingsbarns. Though Kingsbarns is 1 of the 3 they play the Dunhill on, they don't show much, if any, action there because they're mostly showing St. Andrews with a little Carnoustie. Really loved the look of it and would rank it up there with Castle Stuart and Turnberry in terms of beauty, though it tends to play the easiest of the 3 for the Dunhill. And the scores are low because it's warm, and the winds are down. Nice to see Wie doing well - she was in the lead at -8, and there are some other American flags on the scoreboard. And my favorite eye candy, Mel Reid, was 2nd at -5. But sadly, this is the last of 5 straight weeks on Irish and Scottish links courses on TV.

Kingsbarns is awesome. A few of the holes on the water feel a little out of place but everything around the clubhouse (plus the clubhouse itself) is beautiful.

Kingsbarns is awesome. A few of the holes on the water feel a little out of place but everything around the clubhouse (plus the clubhouse itself) is beautiful.

I have a different perspective on Kingsbarns. Other championship links courses in Scotland feel like the architect took what nature gave him. To me, Kingsbarnes feels like they moved a lot of dirt building the course. It feels kind of artificial.

The clubhouse is beautiful, through.

big props charlie hoffman: I'm trying to win a golf tournament. Im tired of finishing second.

that was awesome.

big props charlie hoffman: I'm trying to win a golf tournament. Im tired of finishing second.

that was awesome.

Doesn't look like he'll win today, but another good tournament for him. He's really been playing well this year.
Keep plugging. It will come.

Doesn't look like he'll win today, but another good tournament for him. He's really been playing well this year.
Keep plugging. It will come.

Yeah, if there is another 1st time major winner this week, Matsuyama or Hoffman would be quite deserving.

Back