• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Talked to my son and he said after the Wyndam, they lengthened the course to 7600 yards and the greens are running 20 on the stimpmeter for member play now. He said he's glad they didn't leave as easy as it was set up for the pros.

Also heard they reopened the beach on #15 as a nude beach

The Dell leaderboard might be the best all year. Spieth 4 unqder through 3.

Speith was -5 after 5 holes
Currently a 3way tie for the lead.
Meanwhile, Bill Haas is having a good day. -5 thru 11 holes and in 12th place at -9.

Pretty strong showing by Thomas. He's had a heck of a year, and likely more to come.
Good showing by Haas. Finished with a 65, tied for best round of the day, and a top 10.

Because when they played them four weeks in a row many of the top stars would take a week off.

At this point, four weeks in a row has nothing to do with it. It's all about Fed Ex Cup points. Anyone who is already a lock for Atlanta, but too far back to make it into the top 5 might not play in the BMW regardless of the extra week. Rory didn't play this week. He was already into the BMW and couldn't get enough points to get into the top 5 before Atlanta.

Anyone still needing Fed Ex Cup points is going to play, week off or not.

Because it's opening week of time NFL season. PGA Tour has learned to not even try to compete.

At this point, four weeks in a row has nothing to do with it. It's all about Fed Ex Cup points. Anyone who is already a lock for Atlanta, but too far back to make it into the top 5 might not play in the BMW regardless of the extra week. Rory didn't play this week. He was already into the BMW and couldn't get enough points to get into the top 5 before Atlanta.

Anyone still needing Fed Ex Cup points is going to play, week off or not.

Rory played. And missed the cut

Thinking of Stenson? He skipped.

Pretty sure there are zero players that are guaranteed a trip to Atlanta but can't possibly land in the top 5 with a victory. Rahm is 5th with under 3,000 points and a win gets you 2,000. Bill is 30th 1,200 points and even he could end up 5th.

Only guys that could even consider a non-injury skip of the BMW would be Spieth, Thomas and DJ. Could be wrong, so many damn rules on the points junk.

Thinking of Stenson? He skipped.

Pretty sure there are zero players that are guaranteed a trip to Atlanta but can't possibly land in the top 5 with a victory. Rahm is 5th with under 3,000 points and a win gets you 2,000. Bill is 30th 1,200 points and even he could end up 5th.

Only guys that could even consider a non-injury skip of the BMW would be Spieth, Thomas and DJ. Could be wrong, so many damn rules on the points junk.

Yeah, I saw a couple of DNPs. Thought one was Rory.

Both President's Cup teams are going to be incredible.

Ours certainly is, not so sure about the rest of the world. We have double the top-25 players, and I'd only consider 4 of their guys as really good to great players - Matsuyama, Day, Scott and Louis.

Better question is who should get the captain's picks. I'd take Hoffman and Harman, though I'm sure Strick will take Phil. I've thought for a while that US PC captains should err on the side of taking younger players with their captain's picks. Reason being is the PC doesn't really matter at a deep level, and we've been completely dominant in the event. So why not use it to include younger stars to get them practice for the Ryder Cup, which matters a whole lot more. This is why, even though Bill Haas is probably my favorite golfer, I thought Jay should have taken Koepka over him the last time. That plus our older guys usually tend to suck in the Ryder Cup - see Tiger, Phil, Stricker and Furyk. And for what was probably the 1st time, Europe had the problem of too many old guys last year, and it clearly cost them.

Back