• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Webb having a good day. -4 today and tied for 5th overall
Has moved up to 15th in the FedEx standings

I follow the PGA pretty closely and I would have bet good money Webb would miss East Lake and Bill would make East Lake. Webb must have been having some back door finishes. When is the last time he was in contention? I just have missed his good play apparently.

He was close to winning at Sedgefield a couple weeks ago

He was close to winning at Sedgefield a couple weeks ago

I was busy that weekend and didn't watch that one...but good point.

He has made 3 million dollars this year.
Second at Waste Management
T-11 at Hilton Head
5 at Dean and Deluca
T-8 at Travelers
3 at Wyndham
T-6 at Northern Trust
T-9 at BMW

So overall I just have missed him having a very solid year.

Haas peaked when he finished 5th at US Open. In his last nine tourneys, he missed two cuts, including the Open Championship his first missed cut in a major in two years), and finished in the top 10 only once.

Haas was right on the cut-line for the Tour Championship heading into the BMW and he didn't putt well at Conway Farms. His 3 putt from 5 feet (yes, he 3 putted from 5 feet) on #17 on Friday typified his play last weekend.

I haven't watched any PGA golf the last 2 weeks. This is why moving the playoffs back to August is a great idea. This time of year I might catch a little Euro or LPGA in Europe in the a.m., but I'm not going to watch the PGA over pro and college football.

I haven't watched any PGA golf the last 2 weeks. This is why moving the playoffs back to August is a great idea. This time of year I might catch a little Euro or LPGA in Europe in the a.m., but I'm not going to watch the PGA over pro and college football.

That's me. I'm one of those that will watch practically all of the 40 hours of coverage of the majors and will usually catch at least part of the 3rd and final rounds of the regular tour events. However, after the PGA and when football gets going, I lose interest unless it's a Ryder Cup year. I'll watch some of the President's Cup, but it's just not the same as the Ryder Cup.

That's me. I'm one of those that will watch practically all of the 40 hours of coverage of the majors and will usually catch at least part of the 3rd and final rounds of the regular tour events. However, after the PGA and when football gets going, I lose interest unless it's a Ryder Cup year. I'll watch some of the President's Cup, but it's just not the same as the Ryder Cup.

I won't watch much President's Cup, though I will watch the Ryder Cup religiously. To me, the 2 events aren't in the same ballpark. I also went to a couple of days of the tourney at East Lake 1 year - loved the course, but I still won't watch much of it against football. While moving the playoffs back to August will be better for viewership, they're going to end up hosing whatever events they move to September. Wyndham could be 1 of those I suspect.

I won't watch much President's Cup, though I will watch the Ryder Cup religiously. To me, the 2 events aren't in the same ballpark. I also went to a couple of days of the tourney at East Lake 1 year - loved the course, but I still won't watch much of it against football. While moving the playoffs back to August will be better for viewership, they're going to end up hosing whatever events they move to September. Wyndham could be 1 of those I suspect.

I feel like the NYC courses are big losers for the PGA as well. Oak Hill comes to mind.

Haas peaked when he finished 5th at US Open. In his last nine tourneys, he missed two cuts, including the Open Championship his first missed cut in a major in two years), and finished in the top 10 only once.

Haas was right on the cut-line for the Tour Championship heading into the BMW and he didn't putt well at Conway Farms. His 3 putt from 5 feet (yes, he 3 putted from 5 feet) on #17 on Friday typified his play last weekend.

Wonder if he makes the top 30 if he two putt from 5 feet there. He ended up 35.

Too many playoff events. Other than East Lake, there is nothing distinct about the playoffs. They need to eliminate at least one event, IMO. Maybe playing them on more recognizable courses would help.

Mark Brazil seems to think the Wyndham is safe as the final tournament before the playoffs. I guess a date change would be required.

Simpson T2 after -4 opening round. Hideki 29th after a +5. He has struggled recently.

Webb tied for the lead at -8 with Casey.
-4 thru 9 today. Looking good.

Great win by Xander Schauffle and also great Fed Ex cup win by JT. He obviously deserved the trophy and the $10 million or whatever it is. He is rich biyatch.

giphy.gif

Also, should be an interesting President's Cup. I don't think the Americans will dominate as much as the media thinks they will. The Internationals have some bros with game.

Saw some of the back 9 yesterday. Have only been aware of Schauffle for a few months. He's certainly had a great rookie year. And hits it a really long way for his size - much like JT.

The 1 duo the Internationals have who is imposing is the South African pair of Louis and Grace. They were beasts the last time around as well. And today they take on JT and Fowler. Watched a bit of the replay last night and will catch some tonight. Amd when we can throw out pairs like Spieth/Reed, JT/Fowler and DJ/fill in the blank, it's going to make life difficult for the Euros and Internationals going forward.

Back