• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Maybe this should go in PGA Tour 2017-8 thread, but in the opening event for the new golf season, Bill Haas shot 65 this morning in the Safeway Open to jump from 61st place to second (Haas had an early tee time, and some players teeing off now will pass him, but it was a great round regardless).

The "off season" is absurd. Give the guys a little break to work on their games.

Haven't been following much, but Hadley shot a 61, parring 17 and 18. And Fleetwood set the Carnoustie course record with a 63. Fleetwood has had a fantastic year and could be a major contender next year.

i was surprised to hear the first 3 rounds of this Dunhill tournament was free to spectators with only the final round requiring an entrance fee.

Haven't been following much, but Hadley shot a 61, parring 17 and 18. And Fleetwood set the Carnoustie course record with a 63. Fleetwood has had a fantastic year and could be a major contender next year.

Ross Fisher broke the Old Course record with a 61. What a great record to have.

Ross Fisher broke the Old Course record with a 61. What a great record to have.

Was watching that this a.m. Fisher 3 whacked from just in front of the green on 18 and barely missed a 18-20'er on 16. He wasn't far from a 59.

Break 60 is just plain cray

Yeah, but the Scottish courses not named Carnoustie are all susceptible to low scores when rain and wind are not an issue. And I'm glad that the R&A doesn't go nuts at the Open like the USGA does when the weather is calm and the scores are low.

Yeah, but the Scottish courses not named Carnoustie are all susceptible to low scores when rain and wind are not an issue. And I'm glad that the R&A doesn't go nuts at the Open like the USGA does when the weather is calm and the scores are low.

Tyrrell Hatton shot a 65 at Carnoustie.

Tyrrell Hatton shot a 65 at Carnoustie.

And as I posted earlier, Fleetwood shot a 63 in nice conditions. Both of those things said, Carnoustie is still easily the least defenseless course in the rota when conditions are benign. And if the rough is unusually thick like it was in the Lawrie year, and you have weather, then +8 can be a winning score.

Sooooo I know there is a lot going on in the Football world but it sure as hell looks like Big Cat is BACK! -3 through 4 and has just flushed it the first 4 holes. Looks great and finally healthy. Really hope this isn't a flash in the pan.....

Sooooo I know there is a lot going on in the Football world but it sure as hell looks like Big Cat is BACK! -3 through 4 and has just flushed it the first 4 holes. Looks great and finally healthy. Really hope this isn't a flash in the pan.....

Was never a big Tiger fan but would like him to be able to stay healthy and compete. That said, even if he stays healthy, he won't be able to do anything near what he used to because the chalk is 4-5x as deep as it was from 2000-09 in his heyday. Back then it was Tiger, Phil, Vijay and the occasional Furyk, Westwood, Els or Goosen. Now, some guy named McIlroy is #10, RCB is #20, and names like Reed, Oosthuizen, Grace, Scott and Mickelson are all outside the top 20.

I was watching some of the Mauritius tourney this a.m. Interesting course. Is it just me, or are the PGA Fall events after East Lake inferior to the Euro events? The Fall courses here don't do much for me, whereas the Euro courses they play in the Fall include St Andrews, the lollipop trees in Antalya, the Player course for the Nedbank, Valderrama and Dubai. And throw in a couple of Aussie courses for good measure.

Tiger will win at least once this "year" on tour.

can't wait for the olds to go ballistic when Tiger beats Jack

I'm an old, and I wouldn't mind seeing that. I'm even less of a Nicklaus fan than a Tiger fan. But for the reasons I stated above, I doubt he gets to 19.

Was never a big Tiger fan but would like him to be able to stay healthy and compete. That said, even if he stays healthy, he won't be able to do anything near what he used to because the chalk is 4-5x as deep as it was from 2000-09 in his heyday. Back then it was Tiger, Phil, Vijay and the occasional Furyk, Westwood, Els or Goosen. Now, some guy named McIlroy is #10, RCB is #20, and names like Reed, Oosthuizen, Grace, Scott and Mickelson are all outside the top 20.

I was watching some of the Mauritius tourney this a.m. Interesting course. Is it just me, or are the PGA Fall events after East Lake inferior to the Euro events? The Fall courses here don't do much for me, whereas the Euro courses they play in the Fall include St Andrews, the lollipop trees in Antalya, the Player course for the Nedbank, Valderrama and Dubai. And throw in a couple of Aussie courses for good measure.

I get what you are saying and I don't think that anyone is expecting Tiger to win at a clip that he was at back in his prime but if you have been watching today (assuming you haven't) he looks damn good. Ball speed on the drives 179-181 consistently (Rory averaged 180 last year) and putting looks great. Chipping will be an issue at this tourney with the way they cut the bermuda around the greens but that will improve with time and confidence/practice. He really looks healthy finally and pain free, it's fun to see.

As for the fields being deeper I agree, but if you think a healthy Tiger is worried/going to be beat by damn Rafa Cabrera Bello or some of the other guys outside of the top 20 I don't really know what to to tell you.

Back