• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Oops, wrong group.

They were playing 3 somes. Holmes, Palmer and Noren were all together. Didn't help the pace of play with 3 guys but it was still brutal. Think the final group took over 6 hours to play 18.

He said to hold the green he'd have to cut a 5 wood, but was afraid it wouldn't get there. So he thought the odds were better of holing out a wedge.

Just bang it up there somewhere and try to chip it in or make a long putt. The odds aren't anywhere close to "better." They're astronomically worse. He's one of the longest players on tour and he took almost 5 minutes to decide to give up. I agree with the guy that tweeted Noren should have shoved him into the water. Very good chance it cost Noren the tournament.

Spot on

Can/will Holmes get penalized? The golf channel guys seemed to think he might get fined or something.

Did get a kick out of Noren and Palmer both being t2 even though Noren went 6 holes and Palmer went 1 in the playoff.

What about it?

Noren and Palmer collecting the same check and same points even though Noren lasted 5 holes longer in the playoff.

Seems like Noren should have been solo 2nd and Palmer solo 3rd.

Noren and Palmer collecting the same check and same points even though Noren lasted 5 holes longer in the playoff.

Seems like Noren should have been solo 2nd and Palmer solo 3rd.

They finished the tournament tied. You can’t penalize one of them because they had to go extra holes to determine the winner.

They finished the tournament tied. You can’t penalize one of them because they had to go extra holes to determine the winner.

Why not? Makes sense to me that the first guy to drop out of the playoff would be third...

Why not? Makes sense to me that the first guy to drop out of the playoff would be third...

The tour has always done it this way. Though, yes, it feels like Noren should get more. Pretty sure the Euros and LPGA do the same thing.

I think it's a pretty reasonable argument, and you certainly wouldn't have to playoff other ties other than 1st. You realize that all the guys who finished T1 in regulation don't get to split the 1-3 place money, right?

If player A wins on the first hole, Players B and C split the 2-3 money and don't keep playing off for 2nd. If player C drops out first, then he gets 3rd, player B gets 2nd, and player A gets first. Seems like a pretty simple idea to me.

These arguments are so fucking stupid I’m beginning to think I’m being trolled. The playoff is only about determining the winner. Nothing else.

Lol not trolling.

They finished tied for the lead and Noren played better than Palmer did.

Not saying they do that for every position because in that case they all "played the same", but when there is more golf, seems like they should still keep track since Noren scored better than Palmer did

Can/will Holmes get penalized? The golf channel guys seemed to think he might get fined or something.

I wish he would get penalized, but the damage done to his reputation will be far more impactful over time than any fine will be.

Slugger White never went out to Holmes' group and warned them they were in danger of being put on the clock? During a six hour round?? How is that possible

I think it's a pretty reasonable argument, and you certainly wouldn't have to playoff other ties other than 1st. You realize that all the guys who finished T1 in regulation don't get to split the 1-3 place money, right?

If player A wins on the first hole, Players B and C split the 2-3 money and don't keep playing off for 2nd. If player C drops out first, then he gets 3rd, player B gets 2nd, and player A gets first. Seems like a pretty simple idea to me.

Yes, I realize they don’t split 1-3 money. Jesus Christ. In your scenario where player C drops out first, he becomes the only player in the entire field whose paycheck takes a hit by having to play extra holes.

Since the only purpose of the playoff, two man, three man, seventeen man, is to determine the winner, it will continue to be done the way it always has been.

But keep going, if you’d like. Send an email with your idea to Jay Monahan. I’m sure he’d be interested.

Yes, I realize they don’t split 1-3 money. Jesus Christ. In your scenario where player C drops out first, he becomes the only player in the entire field whose paycheck takes a hit by having to play extra holes.

Since the only purpose of the playoff, two man, three man, seventeen man, is to determine the winner, it will continue to be done the way it always has been.

But keep going, if you’d like. Send an email with your idea to Jay Monahan. I’m sure he’d be interested.

Noren also takes a hit on his pay for playing extra holes...

But keep being #madonline, if you'd like...

Lol not trolling.

They finished tied for the lead and Noren played better than Palmer did.

Not saying they do that for every position because in that case they all "played the same", but when there is more golf, seems like they should still keep track since Noren scored better than Palmer did

1st playoff hole:
Day scores 4
Noren scores 5
Palmer scores 6

Palmer T2 or solo 3rd for what you are proposing?

Noren also takes a hit on his pay for playing extra holes......

Again, because the purpose of the playoff is to determine the winner. Period. The purpose of the playoff is not to determine sole second or third. Never has been. You truly can’t be serious with this.

And I’m responding to someone arguing for something that makes no sense and will never happen. Sheesh.

I’m out until I hear from you with Commisioner Monahan’s response.

Back