• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Yes, I realize they don’t split 1-3 money. Jesus Christ. In your scenario where player C drops out first, he becomes the only player in the entire field whose paycheck takes a hit by having to play extra holes.

Since the only purpose of the playoff, two man, three man, seventeen man, is to determine the winner, it will continue to be done the way it always has been.

But keep going, if you’d like. Send an email with your idea to Jay Monahan. I’m sure he’d be interested.

I never said it should be changed, and don't really care, just that it makes sense to me. And as my esteemed colleague ramrod mentioens, every single player involved in the playoff, based on your definition, "takes a hit by having to play extra holes". And yeah, the below seems pretty appropriate

JgWTm8.gif

I never said it should be changed, and don't really care, just that it makes sense to me. And as my esteemed colleague ramrod mentioens, every single player involved in the playoff, based on your definition, "takes a hit by having to play extra holes". G]

Every single player in the playoff does NOT take a hit. How hard is this? At the end of seventy-two holes, all three players in the playoff have earned the amount of money equal to a split of second and third place. No one has won first place money yet, because no one has won the tournament. But under the current system, once one player wins the playoff and first place money, the others still get what they’d earned at the end of seventy-two holes. They did not take a hit. One player IMPROVED his payday by winning, but the others get exactly what they’d earned at the end of seventy two holes. Just like every other player who made the cut.

Bill is finally hitting some putts. Even more reason to tune in over the weekend.

Check out his play by play on the par 5 3rd today. Lying two in the fairway 81 yards to the hole. Makes double. No water involved.

Nice start by Haas today.......birdies 3 of the first 4 holes.

Looks like another famous Bill Haas Sunday charge today.

My buddy Chesson Hadley with his fourth top 5 finish this season, after winning the Web.com last year. 14th in the FedEx cup and up to 68 in the OWGR. Awesome stuff.

Oh and he badly wanted to go to Wake or Duke (from Raleigh), but neither recruited him until it was much too late, and he had already committed to Ga Tech, where he was an All American and won the ACC individual title.

Back