• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

watching everyone choke away the end of the tournament and then a pretty poorly played playoff hole was better than the super bowl? no

The two guys at the top shot 64 and 66 while the leader leaders would have had to shoot 67 to make the playoff. Yea Rickie played really poorly down the stretch but lets not act like the two guys who were T1 got it because everyone else "choked." They went out and won the thing.

yes, nothing more thrilling than watching a guy win by bumping it up from the fringe and knocking in a scramble par like your doctor does every saturday morning

My buddy Chesson Hadley with his fourth top 5 finish this season, after winning the Web.com last year. 14th in the FedEx cup and up to 68 in the OWGR. Awesome stuff.

Oh and he badly wanted to go to Wake or Duke (from Raleigh), but neither recruited him until it was much too late, and he had already committed to Ga Tech, where he was an All American and won the ACC individual title.

Oh snap.

watching everyone choke away the end of the tournament and then a pretty poorly played playoff hole was better than the super bowl? no

Yeah, I went to a SB party for the 1st half and didn't pay much attention, then came home to and watch Chappelle reruns because I couldn't bear to watch the Pats come back again. I'll watch the rerun this week. And yeah, the golf was underwhelming. A ton of big names within a few shots to start and all of them backed up. Reavie played well, at least until he missed the green from the fairway in the playoff and then didn't get up and down. But that's a birdie course, and Woodland was the only 1 in the top 15 or so who went out and made a bunch of birdies. Underwhelming days for Rahm, Kucher, Phil, DeChambeau, Haas, Berger and Fowler.

Reavie's putt at 18 to tie was big-time. I think part of the issue that over the last hour of the telecast it became clear that the tourney was going to comedown to Gary Woodland v. Chez Reavie; if it was Mickelson against Ricky Fowler going to head to head, with Reavie and Woodland fading, people's take on the tourney's finish would've been different. The course looks great on TV.

As an aside, good that Bill Haas played so well on Thursday and Saturday in PHX, but he has to address his 4th round struggles. It has been a problem for awhile.

yes, nothing more thrilling than watching a guy win by bumping it up from the fringe and knocking in a scramble par like your doctor does every saturday morning

Lol okay. Woodland birdied 3 of the last 4 and Reavie birdied 17 and 18 knowing he had to play the 2 of those at -2 to make the playoff. But you do you. Just because it wasn't Rickie or Phil winning doesn't mean there wasn't great golf played down the stretch.

Reavie's putt at 18 to tie was big-time. I think part of the issue that over the last hour of the telecast it became clear that the tourney was going to comedown to Gary Woodland v. Chez Reavie; if it was Mickelson against Ricky Fowler going to head to head, with Reavie and Woodland fading, people's take on the tourney's finish would've been different. The course looks great on TV.

As an aside, good that Bill Haas played so well on Thursday and Saturday in PHX, but he has to address his 4th round struggles. It has been a problem for awhile.

This

Lol okay. Woodland birdied 3 of the last 4 and Reavie birdied 17 and 18 knowing he had to play the 2 of those at -2 to make the playoff. But you do you. Just because it wasn't Rickie or Phil winning doesn't mean there wasn't great golf played down the stretch.

it's fine that two guys played great down the stretch but that's not as interesting as 4 or 5 guys playing great down the stretch or even one guy going low and demolishing the field.

you probably think pitchers duels and defensive football battles are thrilling, too

it's fine that two guys played great down the stretch but that's not as interesting as 4 or 5 guys playing great down the stretch or even one guy going low and demolishing the field.

you probably think pitchers duels and defensive football battles are thrilling, too

Sometimes they are. Depends on the quality of the performance. Defensive football battles between two great defenses are fun. Defensive football battles caused by two shitty offenses is a different story. If you can't appreciate the great golf that guys like Woodland, Reavie, Steele, Ollie, Kuchar, etc played yesterday that's on you.

I have UVA season hoops tix. I love defensive football and hoops battles. And I enjoyed yesterday's golf tourny but was a bit disappointed that Scottsdale is a birdie course, and you had a lot of good golfers near the lead, but you only had 2 in that mix who were really doing anything. Would be less disappointed had the same thing happened at Torrey or Riviera where shooting par is a good score. But when you're watching Scottsdale or Kapalua, you expect and want to see more low scores.

This is awesome stuff from him. Scores not as low today, but still pretty low overall. Cut going to be -2 most likely.

Zaltoris 3 under on his round and 1 shot out of the lead midway through round 2. Would be cool to see him get some TV time this weekend.

Looks like he is playing Pebble tomorrow (probably because he is playing with Romo), and that should be where most of the telecast is coming from. Of course, he will probably still get less time than Larry the Cable Guy and Ray Romano.

Looks like he is playing Pebble tomorrow (probably because he is playing with Romo), and that should be where most of the telecast is coming from. Of course, he will probably still get less time than Larry the Cable Guy and Ray Romano.

We'll probably see more of his playing partner than him.

What the heck is going on with this field this year? It's normally 1 of the worst fields on 1 of the best courses, but this year a fair amount of big names are here - Rory, Rahm, DJ, Phil, Day, Casey, Kuchar, Reed, RCB.... I assume that's because of the pro-am thing, 6 hour rounds and small but very sloped greens. Is it because it's opposite of Perth, maybe, or are more of the big names just wanting to play it because it's Pebble and damn the 6 hour rounds? I mean, if you're gonna take 6 hours, there are a lot of worse courses with worse vistas.

We'll probably see more of his playing partner than him.

What the heck is going on with this field this year? It's normally 1 of the worst fields on 1 of the best courses, but this year a fair amount of big names are here - Rory, Rahm, DJ, Phil, Day, Casey, Kuchar, Reed, RCB.... I assume that's because of the pro-am thing, 6 hour rounds and small but very sloped greens. Is it because it's opposite of Perth, maybe, or are more of the big names just wanting to play it because it's Pebble and damn the 6 hour rounds? I mean, if you're gonna take 6 hours, there are a lot of worse courses with worse vistas.

Pretty sure it has to do with the tours strength of play rule for some guys but not 100% sure

Back