• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Tough course today with a breeze and hard greens. Don't remember much about Potter and haven't seen him in a while, but he's handled the conditions and course better than anyone else. He's been money on the greens.

Tough course today with a breeze and hard greens. Don't remember much about Potter and haven't seen him in a while, but he's handled the conditions and course better than anyone else. He's been money on the greens.

He just stared down #1 and didn't miss a shot. Very well played.

Shocked at what transpired on Sunday but heck of a round by Potter. Like LK said, was just stones all day and even though he was miles behind DJ every hole just kept hitting quality shots.

Glad that this week is behind us finally. Aside from the great view at Pebble this is probably one of my least favorite tourneys of the year. I could not care less about seeing a celebrity who is a 18 handicap hit a golf shot at Pebble in the middle of a 7 hour round. Now that this joke is out of the way we finally get into the real meat of the season.

Looks like an awesome event this coming week at a great course in Riv. Tiger's playing, several of the big Euro's are in the field (Pieters, Noren, Fleetwood, Rory), plus several other big names in JT, Spieth, etc. Just shaping up to be a great week.

He just stared down #1 and didn't miss a shot. Very well played.

+1
After being MIA for 5 years, he had a great re-entry into the big time and held his own (pretty calmly it seemed) against several of the top guys on Sunday afternoon. Gotta feel good for him.

Shocked at what transpired on Sunday but heck of a round by Potter. Like LK said, was just stones all day and even though he was miles behind DJ every hole just kept hitting quality shots.

Glad that this week is behind us finally. Aside from the great view at Pebble this is probably one of my least favorite tourneys of the year. I could not care less about seeing a celebrity who is a 18 handicap hit a golf shot at Pebble in the middle of a 7 hour round. Now that this joke is out of the way we finally get into the real meat of the season.

Looks like an awesome event this coming week at a great course in Riv. Tiger's playing, several of the big Euro's are in the field (Pieters, Noren, Fleetwood, Rory), plus several other big names in JT, Spieth, etc. Just shaping up to be a great week.

This is a bizarre take, to me. Despite the crazy long rounds, the Pro-Am is one of the coolest events of the year. Planning a trip out next year already, and can't wait.

i did enjoy watching that bozo in the final or second to last group roll his putt about 10' past the hole on national television

I agree, I'm glad it's only once a year but it's a fun event to watch. We get to see these guys play every week and one time a year to sprinkle in some celebs and let the more casual fans maybe take a bigger interest isn't the worst thing in the world. Only thing I'd like is to see more bad shots from celebs honestly, I wanna see the 15 handicapper shank it into the crowd.

i did enjoy watching that bozo in the final or second to last group roll his putt about 10' past the hole on national television

That was actually Streelman after Fitzgerald sank his bomb.:D

I still enjoy watching Pebble. It's still 1 of most gorgeous courses in the world. But I agree it's better to watch on Sunday because they're not covering the amateurs like they do the 1st 3 days.

What the heck is going on with this field this year? It's normally 1 of the worst fields on 1 of the best courses, but this year a fair amount of big names are here - Rory, Rahm, DJ, Phil, Day, Casey, Kuchar, Reed, RCB.... I assume that's because of the pro-am thing, 6 hour rounds and small but very sloped greens. Is it because it's opposite of Perth, maybe, or are more of the big names just wanting to play it because it's Pebble and damn the 6 hour rounds? I mean, if you're gonna take 6 hours, there are a lot of worse courses with worse vistas.

Maybe because the US Open is there next year? I dunno.

This is a bizarre take, to me. Despite the crazy long rounds, the Pro-Am is one of the coolest events of the year. Planning a trip out next year already, and can't wait.

Meh, I'm in the hater crowd on this one. I have zero interest in watching CEO's and country music stars play shitty golf. Golf is slow enough for regular tournaments, slowing it down even more makes it insufferable. Doesn't help much to have a breezy day with firm greens so 9 consecutive back nine pars end up as a win from a journeyman introvert nobody. The multiple courses don't help much either - makes the whole thing disjointed and waters down the coverage. The Waste Management was awesome, then the Pro-am feels like a step back to the silly season. They should switch weekends.

you guys prefer to watch possible-robot and porky pig impersonator Ted Potter mechanically play number 18 as conservatively as possible

I didn't say it wasn't cool. I'd love to have the $50k or whatever it takes to play in it (plus even be invited in the first place) but it's absolutely atrocious television. I'd rather watch a Web event than the Pebble Pro-Am. To each their own though. I just enjoy watching great golf played by the best in the world, not Larry the Cable guy pull a guy out of the crowd to miss his 5 footer for him. Pace was so bad PGA Tour live was almost unwatchable as well.

Meh, I'm in the hater crowd on this one. I have zero interest in watching CEO's and country music stars play shitty golf. Golf is slow enough for regular tournaments, slowing it down even more makes it insufferable. Doesn't help much to have a breezy day with firm greens so 9 consecutive back nine pars end up as a win from a journeyman introvert nobody. The multiple courses don't help much either - makes the whole thing disjointed and waters down the coverage. The Waste Management was awesome, then the Pro-am feels like a step back to the silly season. They should switch weekends.

That's great point on switching weekends, at least for viewing. Does feel like it goes back to the preseason for a week.

Until the leaders come through the closing holes Sunday, they should show whomever is playing holes 5-10.

you guys prefer to watch possible-robot and porky pig impersonator Ted Potter mechanically play number 18 as conservatively as possible

You wanted him to hit driver off the deck 3 times to add to the excitement huh?:tard:

The guy’s a journeyman who’s won once in his PGA Tour career and has been on and off more than one pro tour. The fact that he was able to keep it together in tough playing conditions while playing with the number one player in the world was incredible. Why in god’s name would he have played 18 any differently than he did. He would have been an idiot to be aggressive.

Back