• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

2017 final round ratings

Masters: 7.6
U.S. Open: 3.6
Open: 3.2
PGA: 3.6

2018 Valspar: 5.1

Jeebus. That's amazing on a couple of levels. First, the Valapar is played at a course that is 1 of the least visually interesting courses on tour - hell, the Hero course was more interesting. I'm not saying Copperhead is a bad course - it's not at all, in fact it's a pretty tough course for scoring, just that it's the most boring of the FL swing courses, which is 1 of the most boring overall swings on the tour. Second, as a golf fan, I was interested to see that Tiger was playing well, but other than that, I was tuning in to root for Casey. And it wasn't like I watched all 4 hours both Sat & Sun, which I do for the majors and other biggies like the Players. For that blah event to get better ratings than either Open or the PGA shows just how much Tiger can still move the needle to get casual or non-golf fans to watch.

Jeebus. That's amazing on a couple of levels. First, the Valapar is played at a course that is 1 of the least visually interesting courses on tour - hell, the Hero course was more interesting. I'm not saying Copperhead is a bad course - it's not at all, in fact it's a pretty tough course for scoring, just that it's the most boring of the FL swing courses, which is 1 of the most boring overall swings on the tour. Second, as a golf fan, I was interested to see that Tiger was playing well, but other than that, I was tuning in to root for Casey. And it wasn't like I watched all 4 hours both Sat & Sun, which I do for the majors and other biggies like the Players. For that blah event to get better ratings than either Open or the PGA shows just how much Tiger can still move the needle to get casual or non-golf fans to watch.

The golf fans who only tune in to watch Tiger don't care about and can't distinguish whether a course that is visually interesting or not.

It would be interesting to see golf put together some sort of team format during the season. I wouldn’t do USA vs xxx, in respect to the Ryder Cup, but an interesting thought.

Play some Ryder cup style matches, maybe select the teams by random draw from the top players on the money list in a midseason weekend event. Match play, better ball etc.

The golf fans who only tune in to watch Tiger don't care about and can't distinguish whether a course that is visually interesting or not.

well, typically you can because the commentators are probably contractually obligated to remind the audience (augusta) or it's just plain interesting (pebble) or some mixture

copperhead looks like every other florida golf course that isn't Sawgrass' 17th hole

I love it, one month into his majestic come back and we are already getting the if you are a Tiger fan boy you aren't a true golf fan. I bet in another page or two we will get the, "I bet all the tiger fans here have never broken 80" hottake soooooo good.

BTW tiger just bombed a 70 yard birdie putt on your hating soul.

I love it, one month into his majestic come back and we are already getting the if you are a Tiger fan boy you aren't a true golf fan. I bet in another page or two we will get the, "I bet all the tiger fans here have never broken 80" hottake soooooo good.

BTW tiger just bombed a 70 yard birdie putt on your hating soul.

He was just saying that people tuning in just to watch Tiger and who normally don't watch golf aren't discerning when it comes to golf architecture. Which is true. They're tuning in for Tiger, not for the venue. You're making a mountain out of a mole hill. And for the record, I'm not a big Tiger fan but don't hate him either. I'd certainly root for him over Phil.

i've been a Tiger fan since I was 13 basically since he won his last amateur and then Masters for the first time; i used to be able to break 80.

Tiger went from who knows if he'll ever play competitive golf again to the betting favorite for the Masters in two weeks. Impressive.

tiger looks like he's actually having fun on the course for the first time in a billion years

Probably posted earlier, but in addition to the final round ratings, the 3rd round at Valspar got better ratings than any 3rd round, including majors, in 12 years.

Probably posted earlier, but in addition to the final round ratings, the 3rd round at Valspar got better ratings than any 3rd round, including majors, in 12 years.

Not including majors. Even with Tiger's comeback the Valspar isn't touching The Masters.

Jesus, DeChambeau is slow. I had been bothered by how slow Cantlay is, but I don't think anyone touches DeChambeau. Instead of hinting at it by saying stuff like he checks his book before every shot and putt, NBC and CBS need to start publicly shaming players like this. It seems like guys like Spieth and Day have tried to speed it up a little after getting criticized. Getting warnings doesn't phase players, but public shaming seems to work better. C'mon Johnny. Now that you're back, let these slowpokes have it.

Going to be interesting to see how Rory plays with Tiger charging.

I’ve got a good feeling about this next Tiger chip. It’s not going to go in but it’s going to be beautiful.

Back