• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Tiger has his skill set back, yet to see the mental toughness though to win.

Going to be interesting to see how Rory plays with Tiger charging.

Rory has shown IMO that for whatever reason he needs a big stage or something special to really get him locked in. Not sure why but seems to just not have that inner fire like Tiger and other "best ever" talents did to just chase perfection. Tiger being back and bringing the sense of excitement back to golf can only be good for Rory IMO.

As he showed today, when Rory is firing on all cylinders, he still has the ability to and power game to go to a level that really only 1 or 2 other people can get to. He just hit the afterburners today and left everyone in his dust. he honestly could have shot about 59 or 60 today but couldn't buy a putt the first few holes. Was as locked in as hes been in some time. First Thursday in April is going to be amazing.

We’ve been waiting 20 years to see Tiger vs. the next generation who grew up watching Tiger.

Rory has shown IMO that for whatever reason he needs a big stage or something special to really get him locked in. Not sure why but seems to just not have that inner fire like Tiger and other "best ever" talents did to just chase perfection. Tiger being back and bringing the sense of excitement back to golf can only be good for Rory IMO.

As he showed today, when Rory is firing on all cylinders, he still has the ability to and power game to go to a level that really only 1 or 2 other people can get to. He just hit the afterburners today and left everyone in his dust. he honestly could have shot about 59 or 60 today but couldn't buy a putt the first few holes. Was as locked in as hes been in some time. First Thursday in April is going to be amazing.

Rory had injury issues that limited his play last year. And when he was playing, he wasn't playing well, especially with his short game. I was watching him at the Irish Open last year and he couldn't chip it inside of 10'. And he couldn't buy a putt all summer. Getting married could also have played a part - maybe he wasn't putting in the practice time. But he's healthy and has been playing well so far this year. He almost won twice in the UAE and played well at Riviera. He's never been a consistently great putter, but when he's on his game, and the putts are falling, he can still lap a field like few others. And they were falling yesterday. That 64 on that track was a bit ridiculous.

So are Reed and Spieth going to be paired together at the RC this year?

Rory had injury issues that limited his play last year. And when he was playing, he wasn't playing well, especially with his short game. I was watching him at the Irish Open last year and he couldn't chip it inside of 10'. And he couldn't buy a putt all summer. Getting married could also have played a part - maybe he wasn't putting in the practice time. But he's healthy and has been playing well so far this year. He almost won twice in the UAE and played well at Riviera. He's never been a consistently great putter, but when he's on his game, and the putts are falling, he can still lap a field like few others. And they were falling yesterday. That 64 on that track was a bit ridiculous.

So are Reed and Spieth going to be paired together at the RC this year?

I don't know, but they ended up randomly drawn into the same match play pod this week for the WGC Match Play, which should be fun.

This article amped me up: Tiger is contending. Rory wins. Lefty is back. The Masters can’t get here soon enough.

I've watched more non-major golf in the last two weeks than I have in years.

I'd throw Bubba into that equation with his recent win. I'm no fan of either him or Reed, except every other September, but he has owned that golf course twice, and being a lefty who cuts the ball and drives it 320 is a yuge bonus. Bubba may not be getting the same buzz that Rory, Tiger and Phil are, but I'd give him at least as good a shot in Augusta as I would those guys.

This Masters will have huge hype going in; but some unknown from New Zealand will probably win.

Bill Haas has fallen outside the top 64 in the World Golf rankings; so, in addition to not qualifying for the match play (he finished 4th last year); he is out of the Masters. It will be the first time that Haas missed a Masters since 2009 (Haas has never missed a cut at Augusta); Haas had played in 30 consecutive majors.

I enjoy the Match Play Championship, but it’s not the best format for TV, particularly once you get to the weekend and there are so few matches on the course. Lot’s of filler conversation.

Never saw a worst chunk putt than Noren’s on the first playoff hole. Cost him dearly now we have Kisner v Watson.

Go Kiss!!!!!

Watson is amazing today.
He's back. Just in time for the Masters

PGA Tour 2018 Thread

Kisner obviously ran out of gas in the final after grinding out that win over Noren. If I was Jim Furyk, I’d find a place for Kiz on the Ryder Cup team. Great putter, ultra-competitive, and a good locker room guy. Plus, he hammered Weisberger and Poulter in addition to beating a very in-form Noren this week—possible that all three of them are in the Euro squad come October.

Also, watch out for Bubba at Augusta if his putter stays hot.

Back