• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Yeah, agree next year will be a cluster. There aren't a lot of empty fields within 5-6 miles of the course. Will be interesting to say the least. The ferry is an interesting idea. Not sure how feasible that is though.

Yeah, I'm going on Friday. Too crowded on the weekend.

Just checked to see if they posted the pairings and don't see Johnson as a listed competitor anymore. Sucks if he dropped out but don't see anything that confirms that.

Apparently this is the week they start Olympics blood testing.... So... There's that....

Really wish my work schedule would have allowed me to attend a weekday round. I'll probably get there early on Saturday to walk the course some with the earlier groups and then try to post up somewhere later on.

Not sure if having to change putters is the cause or what, but he is not playing well. He doesn't seem to be playing many tournaments either.

As of a few weeks ago, his putting stats were horrible and the biggest cause of his problems per tv announcers.

As of a few weeks ago, his putting stats were horrible and the biggest cause of his problems per tv announcers.

Golf is such a mental game. Have to believe that it is more mental with Webb than technique. Which ever it is, his game is in disarray. I was hoping that playing his home course would provide the confidence to bounce back; but he is +6 the last I checked! I really like Webb and want him to succeed...it must be discouraging to him.

The mechanics of anchoring versus not anchoring are pretty significant, especially if you have always putted that way. And he has never been a great ball striker. He needs to be a really good putter to contend.

The mechanics of anchoring versus not anchoring are pretty significant, especially if you have always putted that way. And he has never been a great ball striker. He needs to be a really good putter to contend.

It's just like free throw shooting. All you have to do is practice more.

Both Bill and Webb at +5 on the back 9. Will both miss the cut.
Disappointing, especially in Charlotte, where they should have a good following.

Good day out at Quail Hollow today. Followed Els and Scott on their front nine, then spent a little bit of time in the members' area at the clubhouse with some friends. Went back out and skipped around between Rickie, Phil, and Rose. Looking forward to seeing the changes they're making for the PGA.

Those greens are even tougher than I remember from prior years.

Back