Page 17 of 234 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222767117 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 4668

Thread: PGA Tour 2021 Thread

  1. #321
    Quote Originally Posted by Goolsbyrules View Post
    Why is Webb Simpson not playing in the Players has he fallen that much in world rankings?
    He withdrew - had another kid. Gives Baddeley a chance to hit more balls into the water on 17.

  2. #322

  3. #323
    How about Bill Haas today.... -7 after 17. tied for 2nd, 1 stroke behind Jason Day

  4. #324
    Scott "Rufio" Feather DeacLaw05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hickory, N.C.
    Posts
    5,431
    Looking at the scoreboard, lots of guys going low on day 1.

  5. #325
    Great start by Bill. He has the talent to be a big star on tour, if he could build the confidence not to wither after a few poor shots.

    I really like his playing style, not as quick as Lanny but almost.

  6. #326
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacLaw05 View Post
    Looking at the scoreboard, lots of guys going low on day 1.
    No wind. They said it was going to be a good scoring day this a.m. on TGC.

  7. #327
    Quote Originally Posted by cville deac View Post
    No wind. They said it was going to be a good scoring day this a.m. on TGC.
    I played there many years ago. Don't remember if there was any wind, but if so, that was the least of my worries.
    There monstrous sand traps and the water hazards were enough for me.
    And yes, I managed to leave a couple of balls in the lake on 17.

  8. #328
    This is Bill's chance to get in the Ryder Cup. Win the Players and you would think he would have a great chance.

  9. #329
    Quote Originally Posted by DeaconBrews View Post
    I play a lot of DFS golf, and the play is Henrik and Sergio, but the guy I really like this week is Hideki
    Damn u henrik I should have just given my cash to you personally and watched you light it on fire it would have been more fun

  10. #330
    Quote Originally Posted by mebanedeac View Post
    Great start by Bill. He has the talent to be a big star on tour, if he could build the confidence not to wither after a few poor shots.

    I really like his playing style, not as quick as Lanny but almost.
    He tends to play not to lose.

  11. #331
    Quote Originally Posted by simosfrostyone View Post
    He tends to play not to lose.
    #wakeculture

  12. #332
    18 not kind right now

  13. #333
    Quote Originally Posted by simosfrostyone View Post
    He tends to play not to lose.
    except for that one shot out of the pond that won him 10 millies

  14. #334
    Quote Originally Posted by DeaconBrews View Post
    except for that one shot out of the pond that won him 10 millies
    In a sense he had nothing to lose on that shot.

    But it was one of the greatest shots I've ever seen.

  15. #335
    Junior2016!!!!88!!1!!!!
    RubbinsRacin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    609 Venezia Ave
    Posts
    12,716
    Quote Originally Posted by DeaconBrews View Post
    except for that one shot out of the pond that won him 10 millies
    that was something.

    I feel like the wake country club boys, and those with that silver spoon in general, don't quite have the drive to be great.

  16. #336
    Quote Originally Posted by RubbinsRacin View Post
    that was something.

    I feel like the wake country club boys, and those with that silver spoon in general, don't quite have the drive to be great.
    Rory played Portrush growing up, fwiw

  17. #337
    Jimmy Walker shot an 82 today. How is that possible? (I know, he missed his putt for 81.)

  18. #338
    Quote Originally Posted by simosfrostyone View Post
    Jimmy Walker shot an 82 today. How is that possible? (I know, he missed his putt for 81.)
    Actually he chipped in on number 18 (I just made that up). I do see that he had a 44 on the back, so I wonder if he was injured and sucked it up and finished. Or maybe it just went south on him and spiraled out of control. Looks like he went into the water on both par 3s on the back. 13, a hole my boss had a hole in one on; and 17, a hole I have birdied every time I have played it.

  19. #339
    Overpaid Wax Extractor
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bama
    Posts
    3,475
    So you made one birdie on 17 huh?

  20. #340
    Quote Originally Posted by BacktoBack View Post
    So you made one birdie on 17 huh?
    Please - I am twice the golfer you give me credit for.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •