• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

When I said “a bunch” I was referring to the women. That’s why I said “a bunch”.

Figured as much, that's why I caveated my response. And this is the PGA Tour thread. ;-)

Also, apologies to Si-Woo Kim, who showed out at the Players as well. Some brilliant golf in 2017. SWK has major game too but I think he may be serving his military stint now?

canceled means they won't have it this year. postponed means postponed.

F-IT, NOW I'M REALLY PISSED!!!!!! Postponed, as in they won't have it this year?

canceled means they won't have it this year. postponed means postponed.

I know the meaning a-hole, but the media often mis-uses those terms.

You+keep+using+that+word....jpg

Figured as much, that's why I caveated my response. And this is the PGA Tour thread. ;-)

Also, apologies to Si-Woo Kim, who showed out at the Players as well. Some brilliant golf in 2017. SWK has major game too but I think he may be serving his military stint now?

Wait, the Players isn’t a major. Don’t fall for the PGA tour trap. There are only four majors.

I can see golf coming back before the other sports. But we'll probably need more widespread testing before that happens. Trouble is who knows when that will be given that our govt's reaction has been much more like Italy's than South Korea's. First, probably without galleries, later maybe galleries but no grandstands, and no post round handshakes, no autographs, no high fiving players.

I feel like in person autographs and handshaking players could be gone from all sports forever. Probably a good thing.

No blooming azaleas

There is a good chance that the azaleas would be gone by early April this year. Many are in full bloom now. Doubt they’ll last another 3 weeks.
On a more serious note, it’s estimated that not having the Masters this spring will have a $125 million impact (negative) on the the city of Augusta. The best hope for now is to have it in May before the summer shut down. If it is actually held sometime later this year, either spring or fall, the logistics of doing so will be a nightmare. It’s also likely that crowds would be significantly smaller.
Will be interesting to see what happens here, as well as the rest of the country, as we all work to get through this situation.

No PGA Tour until at least mid-May; Quail Hollow canceled. PGA Championship postponed, and ...

Ryder Cup postponed to 2021.

FUCK YOU CORONA

Golf courses are one of the few things that has stayed open here (DC/MD/VA). It has been promoted as the perfect activity to maintain social distance and get a little exercise. Understand the need to keep fans out, but hard to understand why it's OK to have 1000 people in a Costco fighting over paper towels, but we can't send pro golfers out every 8 minutes in groups of 3 over a course that stretches out to about 5 miles and then televise it as a distraction to all of the shut-ins.

No PGA Tour until at least mid-May; Quail Hollow canceled. PGA Championship postponed, and ...

Ryder Cup postponed to 2021.

FUCK YOU CORONA

You had tickets to the Ryder Cup didn't you?

According to the official Ryder Cup twitter account...it's not postponed.

Besides the Masters being cancelled, Augusta National has now closed the course to members.
So much for hoping to get invited to play a round in the next few weeks while the pros are away.

Back