• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

in the part I saw he was talking about appropriate social distancing then said nobody wants to watch LSU Alabama football with only 15k fans in the stadium and hoped the arenas would be packed again shortly.

He ended the interview by telling Tirico how much he enjoyed playing golf with him in the past and Tirico commented on how good a putter trump was.

Yeah, I watched a little just to see what Seminole looked like, but I turned it during the Trump interview and didn't come back to it. CBS had the 2000 PGA with Tiger and May, and ABC had last year's game 6 with Toronto beating Golden State. That game was going back and forth and was exciting. Think it would have gone to game 7 had Thompson not gone down. As for Tiger and May, I had forgotten how difficult it was for both of them to 2 putt 18 in regulation.

Too many interviews period. They should've spent more time talking to the players just listening in to their conversations.

Too many interviews period. They should've spent more time talking to the players just listening in to their conversations.

Agree. I missed all but 10 seconds of the Trump interview (I had gone up to our pool to get my daily swim in during that time) but the Bill Murray one was cringeworthy.

Not having caddies made a big difference on the putting green yesterday. I sent a text to a friend of mine who was a caddie for a well-known PGA tour player (until he was fired in an on-course blaze of glory) joking to him that after seeing those guys struggle, we now know how valuable those caddies are.

Haha remember when you ruined the greatest shot of my life?

I’m sure the NBC felt like they would have a lot dead air since it was four players walking a course and they take way more time than the average golfer to evaluate each shot/putt.

They were ready to play one right after the other, especially DJ. The only real time to kill was the long walks after their 370-yard drives.

They were ready to play one right after the other, especially DJ. The only real time to kill was the long walks after their 370-yard drives.

That’s when they could have had someone on the course talk about Ross, course history, Pro-Member, etc. Lots of cool stuff you could do without a campaign speech from a guy who threw Tirico’s ball in a bunker.

NBC was probably assuming that everyone was going to pull a DeChambeau in regards to time to play. Fortunately none of the guys playing were like Bryson's slow ass.

Have to think that MJ has been approached about playing in one of these made-for-t.v. things. Don't think he'd do it, but with the attention on him right now this would get a ton of eye-balls, and could be a huge charity event.
So Tiger/MJ on one side; who would you pair them with? The celeb would have to be both a big name and a low-handicapper to fit well with an MJ on the other side. First one who comes to mind for me is Justin Timberlake.

Have to think that MJ has been approached about playing in one of these made-for-t.v. things. Don't think he'd do it, but with the attention on him right now this would get a ton of eye-balls, and could be a huge charity event.
So Tiger/MJ on one side; who would you pair them with? The celeb would have to be both a big name and a low-handicapper to fit well with an MJ on the other side. First one who comes to mind for me is Justin Timberlake.

Or Tony Romo?

Wells Fargo back to Eagle Point in ‘25?
That would be amazing. However, the rumor down here since the last one was that the Eagle Pointe membership would never want to do it again.

*I have no inside knowledge, just have heard that from multiple folks with no real explanation as to why.

Back