Page 185 of 236 FirstFirst ... 85135175180181182183184185186187188189190195235 ... LastLast
Results 3,681 to 3,700 of 4703

Thread: PGA Tour 2021 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BacktoBack View Post
    The trump rally that broke out during the golf?
    Yeah, that Trump interview was totally unnecessary.

Shame I missed it.
    Hungry

in the part I saw he was talking about appropriate social distancing then said nobody wants to watch LSU Alabama football with only 15k fans in the stadium and hoped the arenas would be packed again shortly.

He ended the interview by telling Tirico how much he enjoyed playing golf with him in the past and Tirico commented on how good a putter trump was.

Quote Originally Posted by deac29 View Post
    It still wasnít as bad as the Bill Murray interview
    No doubt. Miked up TOUR players carrying their own bags on a top course. Pass on Bill Murray.

Closest to the pin on 17 to end it for $1.1M.

Primary OGB Benefactor

Yeah, I watched a little just to see what Seminole looked like, but I turned it during the Trump interview and didn't come back to it. CBS had the 2000 PGA with Tiger and May, and ABC had last year's game 6 with Toronto beating Golden State. That game was going back and forth and was exciting. Think it would have gone to game 7 had Thompson not gone down. As for Tiger and May, I had forgotten how difficult it was for both of them to 2 putt 18 in regulation.

Too many interviews period. They should've spent more time talking to the players just listening in to their conversations.
    boorish ruffian

Quote Originally Posted by liveanddiedeac View Post
    Too many interviews period. They should've spent more time talking to the players just listening in to their conversations.
    Agree. I missed all but 10 seconds of the Trump interview (I had gone up to our pool to get my daily swim in during that time) but the Bill Murray one was cringeworthy.

Not having caddies made a big difference on the putting green yesterday. I sent a text to a friend of mine who was a caddie for a well-known PGA tour player (until he was fired in an on-course blaze of glory) joking to him that after seeing those guys struggle, we now know how valuable those caddies are.

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTannen View Post
    Bet they both laughed over that on the 19th hole!

Haha remember when you ruined the greatest shot of my life?

Iím sure the NBC felt like they would have a lot dead air since it was four players walking a course and they take way more time than the average golfer to evaluate each shot/putt.
    Hungry

Primary OGB Benefactor
    They were ready to play one right after the other, especially DJ. The only real time to kill was the long walks after their 370-yard drives.

They were ready to play one right after the other, especially DJ. The only real time to kill was the long walks after their 370-yard drives.
    Thatís when they could have had someone on the course talk about Ross, course history, Pro-Member, etc. Lots of cool stuff you could do without a campaign speech from a guy who threw Tiricoís ball in a bunker.

NBC was probably assuming that everyone was going to pull a DeChambeau in regards to time to play. Fortunately none of the guys playing were like Bryson's slow ass.

Have to think that MJ has been approached about playing in one of these made-for-t.v. things. Don't think he'd do it, but with the attention on him right now this would get a ton of eye-balls, and could be a huge charity event.
    So Tiger/MJ on one side; who would you pair them with? The celeb would have to be both a big name and a low-handicapper to fit well with an MJ on the other side. First one who comes to mind for me is Justin Timberlake.

Quote Originally Posted by DownEastDeac View Post
    Have to think that MJ has been approached about playing in one of these made-for-t.v. things. Don't think he'd do it, but with the attention on him right now this would get a ton of eye-balls, and could be a huge charity event.
    So Tiger/MJ on one side; who would you pair them with? The celeb would have to be both a big name and a low-handicapper to fit well with an MJ on the other side. First one who comes to mind for me is Justin Timberlake.
    Or Tony Romo?

Quote Originally Posted by Dekin View Post
    Or Tony Romo?
    Good suggestion; Steph another one if the NBA is not getting ready to start up.

Steve Lepore
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttermaker View Post
    Wells Fargo back to Eagle Point in Ď25?
    That would be amazing. However, the rumor down here since the last one was that the Eagle Pointe membership would never want to do it again.

*I have no inside knowledge, just have heard that from multiple folks with no real explanation as to why.