• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

That would be amazing. However, the rumor down here since the last one was that the Eagle Pointe membership would never want to do it again.

*I have no inside knowledge, just have heard that from multiple folks with no real explanation as to why.

Probably because whatever tour is using your course basically takes it over for as long as they feel they have to. Back when today’s Korn Ferry Tour was the Nationwide Tour, my club hosted that tour’s championship in back-to-back years. They closed our course for member play for weeks leading up to the event both times. The club arranged for reciprocal playing privileges at another club, but still a pain in the ass.

I know our membership would never approve of hosting an event like that again.

Probably because whatever tour is using your course basically takes it over for as long as they feel they have to. Back when today’s Korn Ferry Tour was the Nationwide Tour, my club hosted that tour’s championship in back-to-back years. They closed our course for member play for weeks leading up to the event both times. The club arranged for reciprocal playing privileges at another club, but still a pain in the ass.

Yeah they actually played a Nationwide Tour event at the University of Maryland golf course in like 2010. Not only did you have the huge window of time when the course was closed for prep, but months in advance the put in cart restrictions, playing restrictions, closed the course multiple days a week... All that to have Steve Wheatcroft dismantle the course for -29 in a snooze-fest 12 stroke win. In the meantime the course developed a terrible reputation and membership plummeted - it almost closed and became dorms. Moronic decision to try to be something they weren't - I remember the pro there telling people it was the first step to becoming a PGA tour stop. Delusional.

A course a couple of miles down the road from me has a Korn Ferry Tour stop in February (peak time here in Florida). I know that a good number of people left that community because of losing their main course for several weeks.

Looks like they're going to be playing in the rain today...wonder how this impacts how this plays out.

Yeah they actually played a Nationwide Tour event at the University of Maryland golf course in like 2010. Not only did you have the huge window of time when the course was closed for prep, but months in advance the put in cart restrictions, playing restrictions, closed the course multiple days a week... All that to have Steve Wheatcroft dismantle the course for -29 in a snooze-fest 12 stroke win. In the meantime the course developed a terrible reputation and membership plummeted - it almost closed and became dorms. Moronic decision to try to be something they weren't - I remember the pro there telling people it was the first step to becoming a PGA tour stop. Delusional.

That’s a good story.

Been entertaining so far, but if they don't speed it up a bit, they aren't going to finish before dark!

Brady coming out of every shot. He's going to kill them on the back nine with alternate shot format.

Brady being an 8 is the biggest vanity handicap I've ever seen. Dude is trash.

Phil and Brady aren’t going to win a single hole. Tiger’s just out for a Sunday stroll on his home course and Phil can’t match him. Manning is crushing Brady. When they get to alternate shot Brady is going to take Phil out of every hole.

Phil and Brady aren’t going to win a single hole. Tiger’s just out for a Sunday stroll on his home course and Phil can’t match him. Manning is crushing Brady. When they get to alternate shot Brady is going to take Phil out of every hole.

Alternate shot is going to be a shit show for Phil and Tom, both of them are spraying the hell out of the ball.

Back