• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Pebble is only 6800 and has obviously hosted US Opens. MP is 6900. Depending upon where the ratings list Pine Valley, Augusta, and Cypress, Cypress is the number 2 or 3 rated course in the world. I'm not talking about a major. I'm talking about playing one of the world's true gems one day out of four. There are a bunch of pros who make a point to play Cypress every year during the Pro Am week. It would be worth the price of admission just to watch the pros play 16.

I wouldn't get my hopes up for Cypress to return to the Pro Am schedule. But the Walker Cup will be at Cypress in a few years and I'll be there.

Watched 3 hours of Riviera yesterday given that we weren't busy here and had a couple inches of ice on the ground. That place is such a cool piece of architecture. I love the 2 par 3s on the front, and it has a lot of tough and well designed par 4s. Throw in the distinctive gum and eucalyptus trees. I have no idea who Sam Burns is, but someone should tell him it's 1 of the tougher layouts on tour because he's tearing it up. And there is nothing better than watching DeChambeau triple his way toward not making the cut.

Watched 3 hours of Riviera yesterday given that we weren't busy here and had a couple inches of ice on the ground. That place is such a cool piece of architecture. I love the 2 par 3s on the front, and it has a lot of tough and well designed par 4s. Throw in the distinctive gum and eucalyptus trees. I have no idea who Sam Burns is, but someone should tell him it's 1 of the tougher layouts on tour because he's tearing it up. And there is nothing better than watching DeChambeau triple his way toward not making the cut.

I know, the PGA tour live guys were about to shoot their wad over him reaching the 600+ yard Par 5 and I'm thinking, but he's 5 freaking over par.

It’s been a long time since I visited Riviera. It was called the LA Open back then. The hill around the 18th green is a great place to watch the final shots and the eucalyptus trees are fantastic......and huge.

Lol 10 is borderline unplayable with this wind. Will be a crazy day if they can actually play this out.

(annnnd they stop play right when I posted that)

Lol 10 is borderline unplayable with this wind. Will be a crazy day if they can actually play this out.

Keegan putted it off the green on 10 (downwind) just before the suspension of play.

4601d3ac5adc141a14c93530b3509854.jpg

I was watching too. The horn went off just as the final group was getting ready to tee off. Crazy wind.
However, I would bet that a lot of UK golfers would say they regularly play in wind like that.

I was watching too. The horn went off just as the final group was getting ready to tee off. Crazy wind.
However, I would bet that a lot of UK golfers would say they regularly play in wind like that.

And they would be correct. But the greens on links style courses are almost always rolling much slower on the stimpmeter. Firm and fast greens with heavy wind makes for unplayable golf- what we've seen today. The PGA wanted to have the greens this way to keep the scores down. But it bit them in the ass when the wind got wild.

Nice interview with Zalatoris in this month's Golf Digest. I didn't know he had always wanted to go to Stanford. Apparently the name on his scholarship was a big factor in his Wake decision.

Did not think Tiger looked right in that interview. I'm no big Tiger fan, but I hope he's able to come back. 5 back surgeries though....:eek:

Last edited:
Did not think Tiger looked right in that interview. I'm no big Tiger fan, but I hope he's able to come back. 5 back surgeries though....:eek:

Yeah, Tiger did not look good. I was also never a big Tiger fan, but the game is way better with him in it.

Exciting finish yesterday. Finau has now been under par in I think his last 3 Sundays, so things are looking up for him. Was rooting the most for Homa of the guys in contention because he seems like a cool guy, and his swing critiques are amusing. And that hooded chip from under the tree on the 1st playoff hole to get that on the green was pretty amazing.

I didn't have the sound turned up, and at first glance I was wondering who the "old guy" was and what his connection was to the tournament.

There is a WGC Event this seek. The PGA scheduled the tournament to be played in Mexico, but it was moved to Florida due to Covid. They are playing at the "Concession Golf Club" (named after Jack Nicklaus concession of the Ryder Cup winning putt in 1969. No PGA events have ever been played at the Concession, but DeChambeau won the NCAAs there in 2015. Course rating is 76.7 and the slope is 155; no joke.

There is a WGC Event this seek. The PGA scheduled the tournament to be played in Mexico, but it was moved to Florida due to Covid. They are playing at the "Concession Golf Club" (named after Jack Nicklaus concession of the Ryder Cup winning putt in 1969. No PGA events have ever been played at the Concession, but DeChambeau won the NCAAs there in 2015. Course rating is 76.7 and the slope is 155; no joke.

I played it last year in early February. The fairways are generous. But the greens and green complexes are tough. Lots of slope, undulation, and run offs. I felt like some of it was borderline too extreme. But I'm obviously not a tour player. I did play that day with a former Tour Player and I think with a lot of winter rust he shot 76.

Tiger involved in a serious car crash. Jaw of Life used to remove him from crash, per twitter.

Tiger involved in a serious car crash. Jaw of Life used to remove him from crash, per twitter.

I hope he's okay and nobody was with him. He looked drugged during his interview with Nance I referenced earlier. No, I'm not saying something illegal or anything like that, but maybe pain meds because of his back. Hopefully that didn't play a part in this.

In surgery with multiple leg injuries is being reported now. Praying he makes it!

How MANY TIMES does the man have to cry out for help before it's received!?!! He clearly was in another dimension on Sunday during that interview. Does he not have ONE SINGLE friend or someone to help him? I'm both equally sad and angry. Come on Tiger, get through this man!

Back