• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Tyrrell Hatton is extremely entertaining to watch when he's playing bad.

Tyrrell Hatton is extremely entertaining to watch when he's playing bad.

He's entertaining either way. He actually seems like a decent guy off the course, but he's permanently unhappy on it and can really run in the red when he's playing poorly. I like him, and I expect him to be a stalwart for the Euros the next few RCs.

Rory is just on fire. What a round of golf he has going.

Perhaps a misperception, but it seems like a lot of Rory's wins come when he just annihilates the field. It's early, but the API may be one of those tournaments where Rory laps the field.

I'm not sure I'd go that far this week just yet, the big guy is one behind him, and had a seriously impressive round as well. Two alpha dogs.

I looked it up. Of Rory's 18 PGA wins, only 3 have been by 1 stroke. He does have the ability to lap fields. I believe the reason is his streaky putting. He has some awful days on the greens. But when he gets it going, he can make a lot of putts. Tee to green he's always been 1 of the best.

Perhaps a misperception, but it seems like a lot of Rory's wins come when he just annihilates the field. It's early, but the API may be one of those tournaments where Rory laps the field.

It 100% feels like that for sure. 2011 US Open for one. He just runs away and hides. It's hard to remember good battles with him coming on top (for me anyway).

I love seeing all the country flags on the leaderboard at Arnie’s tournament. Regardless of everything LOWF, we will always have Arnie. Meeting him and shaking his hand is a moment I will always treasure.

Some interesting golf this afternoon. Spieth and Jazz had aces, DeChambeau driving it all over creation and Westwood in contention for a blast from the past. Corey Conners, from Listowel, Ontario, also in contention. So is he a hick, skid or hockey player? I'm going with hockey player.

Was also checking out the LPGA in between Bay Hill and college hoops. It's a 2 way race at the top between Austin Ernst and Kupcho, who are 5 clear of the next contenders. Kupcho was even and treading water all day until an eagle at 18 (a lucky 1 at that). It's at that Ocala course that has copy cat holes from famous courses, including 12 and 13 at Augusta, 1 and 17 at St. Andrew's and the postage stamp from Troon.

Ontario has a course like that too called Wooden Sticks that I have always wanted to go to. How common are copycat courses?

Ontario has a course like that too called Wooden Sticks that I have always wanted to go to. How common are copycat courses?

No idea. There is a low end 1 about 40 minutes northeast of Cville that I played 1 time with some copy cat and gimmick holes like a 700+ yard par 6. On tour, Pete Dye paid homage to himself with a few holes at PGA West being copies of holes at Sawgrass, albeit in a much different environment.

Some interesting golf this afternoon. Spieth and Jazz had aces, DeChambeau driving it all over creation and Westwood in contention for a blast from the past. Corey Conners, from Listowel, Ontario, also in contention. So is he a hick, skid or hockey player? I'm going with hockey player.

Was also checking out the LPGA in between Bay Hill and college hoops. It's a 2 way race at the top between Austin Ernst and Kupcho, who are 5 clear of the next contenders. Kupcho was even and treading water all day until an eagle at 18 (a lucky 1 at that). It's at that Ocala course that has copy cat holes from famous courses, including 12 and 13 at Augusta, 1 and 17 at St. Andrew's and the postage stamp from Troon.

That hole will always be one of my best golf memories. I hit a wedge to three feet. As I was walking off the tee, my caddie stopped me, handed me my putter, and said "...you hit the postage stamp, you get to walk with your putter to the green."

Tough conditions today and scores were fairly high.
Zalatoris was 3 over on the last 2 holes and still finished tied for 10th. If he parred out he would have been tied for fourth.
He’s been playing really good the past couple of months.

I was a walk on for a year at WFU and worked at the Arnold Palmer golf academy at Bay Hill one summer during college. The 18th at Bay Hill was even tougher back in the day. It’s the hardest finishing hole in golf. But Robert —? didn’t think so when he eagled to beat Greg Norman.

Has Zalatoris secured his card?

Don’t know if he’s got his card, but I think he was close to qualifying for the Masters about a month ago. His solid play during the past month hopefully has qualified him. If this is not so, please advise.

I was a walk on for a year at WFU and worked at the Arnold Palmer golf academy at Bay Hill one summer during college. The 18th at Bay Hill was even tougher back in the day. It’s the hardest finishing hole in golf. But Robert —? didn’t think so when he eagled to beat Greg Norman.

I think that was Gamez. Back in the day, competitors would have pretty creative ways to beat Norman, like Gamez holing out and Tway sinking a bunker shot.

I lost interest late when it was apparent DeChambeau would win and turned it back to hoops.

And Kupcho didn't have an awful weekend, but she also didn't make any moves to challenge Ernst. She has been getting some decent finishes, but it would be nice to see her win 1. And to start the year, the 1st 3 events have been won by Americans. I can't remember when Americans have won 3 in a row. In recent years, Americans tend to win only 3-5 tourneys a year.

I can't imagine he hasn't locked it up, although he is still faceless on DraftKings somehow. The guy has made 27 out of 28 cuts and has 15 top 10's (reading off of DK).

Back