• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

I'm pretty sure most of us would get charged with reckless driving for that.

No Zalatoris love all last week? Most sports related PR Wake's gotten outside of a basketball transfer playing for a contender in years. Was really pulling for him yesterday, let his putting dip as the stress cranked up. Arguably his putting couldn't save him as he was a little off tee to green, but if he'd drained a couple more putts the last few holes could have been truly suspenseful. Headed to Kiawah in a few weeks, should be pretty exciting.

No Zalatoris love all last week? Most sports related PR Wake's gotten outside of a basketball transfer playing for a contender in years. Was really pulling for him yesterday, let his putting dip as the stress cranked up. Arguably his putting couldn't save him as he was a little off tee to green, but if he'd drained a couple more putts the last few holes could have been truly suspenseful. Headed to Kiawah in a few weeks, should be pretty exciting.

Lots of Will Z love on the Masters Contest thread.

It'll be funny when Zalatoris leads the FedEx Cup points race but can't participate in the playoffs... He's up to imaginary 13th now with over 1,000 non-points.

It'll be funny when Zalatoris leads the FedEx Cup points race but can't participate in the playoffs... He's up to imaginary 13th now with over 1,000 non-points.

Agree. Under the current rules Zalatoris has to win an event to qualify for the playoffs for this season. Travesty if Will would be in the top 20 in the FedEx standings, and they deny him a right to compete in the playoffs while more than 100 other golfers with inferior seasons get that chance.

Agree. Under the current rules Zalatoris has to win an event to qualify for the playoffs for this season. Travesty if Will would be in the top 20 in the FedEx standings, and they deny him a right to compete in the playoffs while more than 100 other golfers with inferior seasons get that chance.

Somehow, I don’t think ghat will happen. I think it’s highly likely that he’ll win a tournament. If not, the powers that be will find a way to let him in.

Hope Will wins. Obviously, he has the game. That said, winning tournaments on the PGA Tour is brutally hard. Tony Finau is a top 15 player in the world. He has not won a PGA event in 5 years. Xander Schauffle is a top 5 player; he hasn't won a PGA event since January 2019, more than two years. Until yesterday, Hidecki Matsuyama hadn't won the tour since 2017.

Hope Will wins. Obviously, he has the game. That said, winning tournaments on the PGA Tour is brutally hard. Tony Finau is a top 15 player in the world. He has not won a PGA event in 5 years. Xander Schauffle is a top 5 player; he hasn't won a PGA event since January 2019, more than two years. Until yesterday, Hidecki Matsuyama hadn't won the tour since 2017.

And I think it had been almost 5 years since Speith won 2 weeks ago.

Haas, Simpson and Zalatoris are all in the field this week at the RBC Heritage. I am sure we would all be delighted if any of them were to win, but Zalatoris has to be the favorite given how the arcane PGA Tour rules have screwed him nine ways to Sunday. He seems to be taking it well, but I'm not.

Arnie won the first Heritage (1969), and Simpson won last year, but no Wake golfers have won in between. A couple of runners-up (Andrade, Simpson) in the meantime, that's it.

It will be interesting to see how Zalatoris plays. I can't imagine his state of mind. I would guess "emotionally drained," but he seems to have more backbone than most of us mere mortals.

Good luck to all the Deacs!

Haas, Simpson and Zalatoris are all in the field this week at the RBC Heritage. I am sure we would all be delighted if any of them were to win, but Zalatoris has to be the favorite given how the arcane PGA Tour rules have screwed him nine ways to Sunday. He seems to be taking it well, but I'm not.

Arnie won the first Heritage (1969), and Simpson won last year, but no Wake golfers have won in between. A couple of runners-up (Andrade, Simpson) in the meantime, that's it.

It will be interesting to see how Zalatoris plays. I can't imagine his state of mind. I would guess "emotionally drained," but he seems to have more backbone than most of us mere mortals.

Good luck to all the Deacs!

Webb almost always plays well at Harbortown. The course suits his game and he was on fire at the end lf the last round when he won last year. He also lost it in a playoff in 2013. In his 10 appearances he has 6 Top 20 finishes. If I were betting, I'd take him over Haas and Zalatoris.

FWIW, Webb is now the favorite in the entire field, over Dustin Johnson.

Current odds:

Webb: 11 to 1
Zalatoris 23 to 1
Haas 600 to 1 (Haas hasn't had a top 10 since 2019; hasn't had a win since in 2015; 3 made cuts in his last 10 events)

Harbortown is shorter and tighter than your average PGA stop. It's a place where shorter guys like Webb, Kisner, Furyk and Zach Johnson can win. It also has that low country wetlands beauty to it. I've always liked it as a tour stop.

Accuracy should be more valuable than distance this week.
Sounds like Webb

Harbortown is shorter and tighter than your average PGA stop. It's a place where shorter guys like Webb, Kisner, Furyk and Zach Johnson can win. It also has that low country wetlands beauty to it. I've always liked it as a tour stop.

Agreed, it's one of my favorite events every year on tour.

Watched a few minutes this a.m. of that course in Austria. Layout looks kinda interesting, but WTF are they doing playing in Austria in April when it's 45 degrees?

Probation, yeah, it's an older Dye layout but is still really interesting visually. Pete and Alice were certainly a boon to the railroad tie industry. I really like the set of par 3s on the course. The 1st 1 on the back is particularly devilish, think it's 13 or 14.

Watched a few minutes this a.m. of that course in Austria. Layout looks kinda interesting, but WTF are they doing playing in Austria in April when it's 45 degrees?

Probation, yeah, it's an older Dye layout but is still really interesting visually. Pete and Alice were certainly a boon to the railroad tie industry. I really like the set of par 3s on the course. The 1st 1 on the back is particularly devilish, think it's 13 or 14.

Agreed about the par 3's. I have been there once in person (2016) and was amazed how small some of the greens are.

Agreed about the par 3's. I have been there once in person (2016) and was amazed how small some of the greens are.

Pebble Beach is the only tour course with smaller greens I think, but I've always thought Harbour Town's greens looked even smaller than Pebble's, at least on TV.

Agree.

Back