• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

He got his first shot AFTER the tour’s contact tracing told him he was in close proximity to a COVID case for an extended period of time. Went into the tourney knowing he might be positive.

Also saw that only like 50% of the tour is vaccinated, hopefully this will change that number quickly. And man, a few minutes of scrolling through Twitter posts on this subject is a sad reminder of how many morons are out there.

Lord ain't that the truth

He got his first shot AFTER the tour’s contact tracing told him he was in close proximity to a COVID case for an extended period of time. Went into the tourney knowing he might be positive.

Also saw that only like 50% of the tour is vaccinated, hopefully this will change that number quickly. And man, a few minutes of scrolling through Twitter posts on this subject is a sad reminder of how many morons are out there.

It feels like all of the pros that live in Texas are just complete morons.

I appreciate the additional information regarding Rahm. I felt bad for him when the news broke but he rolled the dice and crapped out. Anyone who has not been vaccinated is just plain stupid and part of the problem we have all shared the past 16 months. He learned an expensive lesson. I hope it serves as a lesson for other stupid people. Truly dumb beyond comprehension.

Stupid people don't learn lessons. As I've said at least 20 times on here, people that are too dumb to get it - are too dumb to get that they don't get it. Sadly, this had been exacerbated the last 4 or so years.

It feels like all of the pros that live in Texas are just complete morons.

Spieth too? My best friend from Wake moved to Texas 15 years ago, and he's been telling me how few folks down his way have been taking the rona seriously. Around here, UVA and JMU recently announced students in the Fall must be vaxed. I'd love to see Gov Abbott's reaction if Texas state schools tried that.

The other thing about him withdrawing is that it cheapens the tournament - if I were Cantlay, it wouldn't really feel like a true win. Though I'd much rather feel whatever he's feeling than whatever Lexi Thompson is feeling today. That was an enormous Normanesque choke on the back 9 yesterday. She's probably the biggest under achiever in the game since Norman.

As soon as Cantlay received the check for $1.67 million, it felt like a true win.

The Canadian Open should be the event this week, but because of Canada border restrictions, the CO was cancelled. Instead, the PGA Tour visits the Congaree Golf Club in the middle of nowhere in SC (Jasper County). The course was built in 2017, and they have never hosted a PGA event. With the US Open next week at Torrey Pines, lots of the top players are skipping the event, but DJ and Brooks are in the field (as is Bill Haas, who hasn't made a cut in forever).

Also, today is US Open final qualifying day. 36 holes in brutally hot temps throughout the US. Among those trying to qualify today are Rickie Fowler, Keegan Bradley, Jason Dufner, Paddy Harrington, and several Deacs, Michael Brennan, Chad Wilfong, Lee Detmer.

Last edited:
Spieth too? My best friend from Wake moved to Texas 15 years ago, and he's been telling me how few folks down his way have been taking the rona seriously. Around here, UVA and JMU recently announced students in the Fall must be vaxed. I'd love to see Gov Abbott's reaction if Texas state schools tried that.

The other thing about him withdrawing is that it cheapens the tournament - if I were Cantlay, it wouldn't really feel like a true win. Though I'd much rather feel whatever he's feeling than whatever Lexi Thompson is feeling today. That was an enormous Normanesque choke on the back 9 yesterday. She's probably the biggest under achiever in the game since Norman.

Would agree w/you had Rahm teed off on Sunday with a 6-shot lead and then been yanked at some point in the round, but since it happened on Saturday, Cantlay had a full night to sleep on his newly-minted lead, and then had to go head-to-head with Morakawa plus the playoff on Sunday. The 2021 Memorial Tournament itself will be looked at with an asterisk for the unique way it played out during an unprecedented global pandemic, but Cantlay made a couple of huge pressure putts on Sunday when the trophy and $$ were on the line.

Spieth is the exception that does not disprove the rule.

That choke was perfectly on brand for Lexi. All that was missing was another rules infraction.

Haven't watched Lexi in a while, but man I can't believe how bad a putter she is. That 30.39 average would be dead last on the PGA tour by a good distance, she lost by 1 stroke and had 32 putts on Sunday. She has a complete mess of a stroke, kind of cuts across the ball with a weird push motion... When she makes one it looks like a mistake, at times it seriously looks like she might whiff a putt. It's crazy that she's not using a saw grip, arm lock, or some other technique to at least make her a passable putter.

1 American win in the last 15 majors. Awful.

Haven't watched Lexi in a while, but man I can't believe how bad a putter she is. That 30.39 average would be dead last on the PGA tour by a good distance, she lost by 1 stroke and had 32 putts on Sunday. She has a complete mess of a stroke, kind of cuts across the ball with a weird push motion... When she makes one it looks like a mistake, at times it seriously looks like she might whiff a putt. It's crazy that she's not using a saw grip, arm lock, or some other technique to at least make her a passable putter.

1 American win in the last 15 majors. Awful.

The 1 positive I've seen in her game is she's no longer finishing on tippy toes on wedge shots. She was putting well for 3.5 days, but starting on 11, her short game went to shit. When she had that senseless double, I saw it coming, and when she pulled the putter from 15' off the green ala Kaymer, I knew she was done. I think she's become a complete head case and fragile. She hasn't won in 2 years and was averaging 1 win a year in the 3 or so years before that. The only 2 US pros worth much now are Danielle Kang and Nelly Korda. The LPGA will soon be begging Megha Ganne to leave Stanford early.

The Canadian Open should be the event this week, but because of Canada border restrictions, the CO was cancelled. Instead, the PGA Tour visits the Congaree Golf Club in the middle of nowhere in SC (Jasper County). The course was built in 2017, and they have never hosted a PGA event. With the US Open next week at Torrey Pines, lots of the top players are skipping the event, but DJ and Brooks are in the field (as is Bill Haas, who hasn't made a cut in forever).
Anyone considering venturing down this week? Tickets still seemed very available which either means they silently lifted capacity caps or it's not getting a big crowd. Also a real hard sell at $70 + fees + $20 parking for a day after just hitting up Quail & Kiawah.

That Congaree course is a pretty cool layout. Better than any of the Canadian courses they play. And nice to see Hadley playing well for once. He's always seemed like a cool guy.

Hadley and English barfed on themselves and South African Garrick Higgo grabs the win. Higgo has won three times (twice in Europe) in the last month or so.

Last edited:
Hadley and English barfed on themselves and South African Garrick Higgo grabs the win. Higgo has three times (twice in Europe in the last month or so)

Lots of guys did a crash and burn on the back 9 today. DJ had a triple bogey to knock him way out of contention.
Think it’s pretty impressive for this new (4 years old) course to host a PGA event. It’s flat, different and has lots of sand and waste areas compared to most courses. A real change of pace. Heard a lot of positive comments about it from the players.

Felt bad for Hadley. At least he got a good pay day for once, and I'm jealous someone that skinny can eat at Bojangles as much as he wants. I've been saying watch out for Higgo. This kid is long and has a pretty solid short game. Nienaber is another good looking kid from RSA. With some good recent form from guys like Schwartzel, Burmester, Bezuidenhout, Grace and van Rooyen, RSA could make up half of the PC team next year. Toss in Hideki, Niemann, Ancer, Im and a healthy Day, and that could be the strongest team the Internationals have had.

Hadley and English barfed on themselves and South African Garrick Higgo grabs the win. Higgo has three times (twice in Europe in the last month or so)

Won $121 on Higgo yesterday. He was one of 5 picks by my golf newsletter. They have hit on 4 winners so far this year for a great return!!

Looks look like Will Z went 36 holes at Torrey without making a single birdie.

Back